PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   WMP Keeps playing after you hit the power button!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12214)

lennysh 11-21-2007 12:43 PM

WMP Keeps playing after you hit the power button!!

All the thanks goes to colonel00 for this find. Now, instead of having to set a shortcut to a button to turn off the screen, you are now finally able to just hit the power button on the device, and WMP keep's playing!!

Make these changes in the registry:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Unattended]
"WAV1:"=dword:00000000

Make the changes to registry, hit the power button and leave it off for about 20 seconds to make sure the settings are saved, then reset the device, and try it out when it boots back up!

So far, this has been tested on the Apache, and the Titan/Mogul.

Click here to download the registry file that you can just copy to your device, and open it to make these changes for you in case your scared to edit the registry manually.

naigaboy 11-21-2007 10:08 PM

Edit for previous post.
"Flags" should not be changed. WAV1 is the only change needed. Make the changes to registry, hit the power button and leave it off for about 10 seconds to make sure the settings are saved, then reset the device, and try it out when it boots back up!
For those that made changes to "Flags" the correct entry is below just in case you dont remember what it is, and for those that downloaded the .reg file, it has been corrected in that so you can just re-download again.
"Flags:"=dword:00400000

superlover911 11-22-2007 12:54 AM

You are sooooo awsome!!!

delawaresace 11-28-2007 10:02 PM

so i went to do the reg tweak on my mogul and noticed that my flag was way different (something like 41943something), i changed it to the 00400000 and changed the wav1. reset and tested it. at first i could not get it to work. i would listen to some music and then as soon as i pressed the power button to put my mogul in sleep mode the streaming music would pause for a second then start up for a second then totally turn off. i figured out what i was doing wrong though. you cant wait around in WMP. as soon as you press play for what ever your playing, you have to hit the power button before it starts to play. then it works fine. at least, that's how it works for me.

lennysh 11-30-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delawaresace (Post 131558)
so i went to do the reg tweak on my mogul and noticed that my flag was way different (something like 41943something), i changed it to the 00400000 and changed the wav1. reset and tested it. at first i could not get it to work. i would listen to some music and then as soon as i pressed the power button to put my mogul in sleep mode the streaming music would pause for a second then start up for a second then totally turn off. i figured out what i was doing wrong though. you cant wait around in WMP. as soon as you press play for what ever your playing, you have to hit the power button before it starts to play. then it works fine. at least, that's how it works for me.

Can you tell me exactly what your flags was? Mine can play for any length of time before I turn the screen off, and it'll still play. So maybe you should not have changed the flags. That setting is set to what we've listed here on the Apache/Titan. Do you have another device?

twistedwaffle 12-03-2007 05:31 PM

Mine just does not want to work, I open WMP, play a song, and hit the power button and it just stops. I've tried following all of the steps and everything, but I just don't know what else to do.

delawaresace 12-08-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennysh (Post 132800)
Can you tell me exactly what your flags was? Mine can play for any length of time before I turn the screen off, and it'll still play. So maybe you should not have changed the flags. That setting is set to what we've listed here on the Apache/Titan. Do you have another device?

i'm posting from my titan now actually. i don't know what happened, but the tweak seems to work for me now. just as advertised. thanks for this.

EpOxY 12-11-2007 10:58 AM

this didn't work for me, at least not with streaming media... i was streaming an online station through windows media... push top button... i get like.. half a second of sound..
then dead.

sevsev 12-11-2007 01:15 PM

Anyone tried on the CDMA Touch, I'm at work but gonna try it when I get home

m15t1k0 12-12-2007 09:30 PM

With the HTC Audio Manager it works, you push power and it keeps playing, we gotta see what are the changes in registry made by the audio manager...