PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   virus, trojan hourses, malware from a cooked rom? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115505)

jtsujimura 03-23-2010 08:29 PM

virus, trojan hourses, malware from a cooked rom?

Anyone ever get infected with a trojan, malware, or viruses with a cooked rom?
Just wondering.

kaos 03-23-2010 08:40 PM

Re: virus, trojan hourses, malware from a cooked rom?

not to my knowledge just cookies....lol

piranah 03-24-2010 05:51 PM

im sure its possible, but doubt anybody here would do it...takes enough hastle to cook em as it is...plus if anybody did it, i would not wanna see the outcome...

grumpster 03-29-2010 02:33 PM

Too much effort for a relitavely small number of people that actually install cooked roms. Besides, most of the chefs and others dig into each others roms to see what makes them tick. That's one way they get ideas and learn from each other. Most of the chefs here and on XDA are well known and established members. Like piranah said, the outcome would be ........intresting if someone did.

That's not to say there aren't bugs here and there. Even the carriers with their multi million dollar development budgets can't release a rom without bugs, but that's just computers in general. You'll usually get better performance and features with a cooked rom though.

raidzero 03-29-2010 03:57 PM

Not going to happen.

Adrianh85 03-29-2010 04:00 PM

op if u scared just keep a stock rom!! we not forcing u to go custom!!

raidzero 03-29-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1667958)
Not going to happen.

Plus if it could, how? Would someone really take the time to write a virus that lived on WM but spread to PC's? Virus creators want to reach the greatest number of people. The audience here is very small in comparison and not even worth the effort.

There are no "viruses" for Windows Mobile AFAIK.

piranah 03-31-2010 04:34 PM

raid, your wrong. there is. i caught it when i first got win mo. now i cant leave it alone, but that made me sick, not my computer or phone

sprinttouch666 04-01-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 1672650)
raid, your wrong. there is. i caught it when i first got win mo. now i cant leave it alone, but that made me sick, not my computer or phone

^ LOL

but seriously I personally have never had a problem and I'm sure no one else will

GirlGoneGeek 04-01-2010 01:42 AM

IF it ever did happen I'm sure it would be from this site, as said above :)

We pay very close attention to all things posted on the site, so don't worry you're safe.