PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: virus, trojan hourses, malware from a cooked rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You'll only get a virus if you run MightyRom.
omg lmfao!! lls

Old 05-19-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

One thing I always love about people that dismiss this idea.. its not always about reaching out to a lot of people.. its not always about being malacious..

I tell you right now.. if I HAD the skill to do it.. I would.. for a few reasons..

1.) proof of concept - just because your on a phone doesnt make you safe.

2.) the amount of data you can get.. or I should say the quality of data.. I dont have to infect a million people. I just need to infect a few people with the right data on their device.. a lot of people carry their entire lives on thier phone.. most dont protect it because they do not believe the phone will ever fall into the wrong hands.. or fail.. or whatever.. hell Im guilty of it.. I have some of my most important passwords that I dont use daily on my phone in an un-encrptyed excel file... to extent I feel like most.. nothing will ever happen.. but at the same time.. I make a backup and change the passwords frequent enough that if it does get lost.. they wont get in long..

The bottom line here is.. the better these phones get -- the more possible it will become to get into them.. he has all rights to worry.. its only going to take 1 person to do it and they will bring a whole system down.. look at the iphone - rick roll worm.. ya it was totally harmless.. but it could have been a LOT worse..

Just because there isnt one publized, doesnt mean it doesnt exsist.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just came across this thread. I have been having a problem the last couple of days as I have been trying to download Mighty Rom 4, but when I attempt to, I get directed to the site that says there are trojans, etc. and is unsafe. In addition, the download is not there.
Any suggestions regarding this?
I have never downloaded MightyRom 4 before, but thought I may try it.
Btw, I have clicked on the link to Mightyrom4 Victor from this Board, as well as other places, and I am getting those unsafe messages, without the download being available.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 05-28-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks