PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 05:19 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PDAJ's CricKet Flashing Guide

PDAJ's Cricket Flashing Guide for HTC Apache, Titan & Vogue
Written by: PDAPhoneJunkie
What is need:
1. The Zip of tools located here
2. The MSL Code for your device, if you have Verizon, Alltel or US Celluler, then its 000000 (six zeros). If you have Sprint then there is a unique code for your device, if you have it from
Sprint great, if not we'll get it with a simple tool.
3. The MIN for your device (this is a a number Cricket will give you in an XXX-XXX-XXXX format)
4. Mini USB Cable
5. Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center
6. Time and patience

Greetings, great to have you here. Before we get started in this flashing process I would like to explain a few things... flashing a ROM is NOT required, if you need a copy of
Arcsoft MMS due to the fact that your carrier does not provide it, you add it via a cab. The cab I have provided is extracted from the Verizon XV6700, I find this version to work great as it
has seperate accounts in Pocket Outlook for MMS and SMS. I have also compiled the few tools needed for this into a zip file for easy access, there are only 4 items as that is all that is
needed. One more thing to note, although flashing another ROM usally is not required, any ROM that has HTC_CM_Guardian in it will not work as it will change our Internet settings back
to stock. As far as I know, every stock WM6.1 has this file in it, we will need to use a custom ROM. The good thing is, we don't need any carrier specific ROM. If you still use a Stock WM6
ROM, you can delete the file in the Startup folder (\Windows\Startup\) and be fine. But, with stock 6.1, it is not in Startup, so we need to use a Custom ROM. That is all we need to know
before we start, so without any further delay let's get this thing going, I like to grab a soda pop and a bag of potato chips when working so feel free to do the same lol
Note: I recommend you already have your phone's ESN activated with Cricket. When you go to the store to have them put in, ignore anything they try to tell you about blah blah blah.
Just tell them you want to have them put this ESN number on your phone line and you need the MIN number written on a peice of paper, you don't need them to advise you on anything.
After that is done we can continue with this proccess.
1. Let's connect our phone to our PC, make sure Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista) or Microsoft ActiveSync (XP) is installed.
2. Go ahead and browse the Device Files in the root directory (folder should have sub folders "Program Files" "My Documents" etc.).
3. Let's drag all of the tools in the Zip folder, out to our desktop, then to our device folder. Take them all except for the folder "PRL" to the root directory (it's a \) so we can find them in
File Explore. We need to take PRL to "My Documents".
4. Let's go the File Explore and install our cab files, we need PHM Regedit (this is the easiest program I have found for editing), ArcSoft MMS will be needed if you don't have an MMS
account on your device. If we have Sprint, MSL Generator to find our code (this is not a cab, the program is in the folder).
5. Now, let's make sure we have our MSL Code before we start. If you have Verizon, Alltel or US Celluler then it is six zeros. If you have Sprint use the MSL Generator program in the
folder. Write down your ESN from the back of your phone (under the battery) and then enter it in the program to generate a code. Write down the MSL code on a peice of paper and
keep it near by.
6. Okay, now let's dial ##778# (sometimes you need to do ##778 send instead of pound, if the ##778# doesn't work try that). Some dialers don't work at all, so lets go to File Explore then
the Windows folder, find the file ESPT and click it. When it opens hit "edit" and enter your MSL code.
7. Now that we're in let's pull up the menu (The Apache has a drop down arrow at the top, Titan and Vogue have view info at the bottom) and go to "PRL".
8. Let's highlight it, then click "Menu" at the bottom right, then hit "Edit". Next we will click on "Browse". It will pull up all of the PRLs we loaded to our device.
9. Now here's where is get's tricky, there are many PRLs and they are for different regions. I usally use 38515, but after this whole process is done and we do our testing, we may need to
change it and I'll explain below. So for now, just choose a PRL.
10. After we select one, hit OK to update and to restart the device. When the device boots up, let's go right back into the ESPT and continue working.
11. Now go to "MSID" under the ESN number in the ESPT. Highlight it, click "Menu" then "Edit". Now fill this box in with the MIN number you got when you had your ESN number put in
with Cricket. Click "OK" to go back to the menus.
12. Now let's hit "Menu" in the lower right, then hit "OK". A pop-up will occur, click "Yes", then "OK" to restart the device. After the phone boots up, let's dial *228, then select option 1
when the guy comes on. This will program our phone with Cricket. It will reset itself when done. Place a test call, to insure it works. Congrats! You can now make and recieve calls!
13. Now, we still need to do some work in the ESPT, so let's go to the "Security" menu in the main drop down menu. We need to change all of the boxes that have a phone number with
an @ after them to a format. It will be your ten digit phone number @mycricket.com, so it will look like 0123456789@mycricket.com Do this for all of these simular fields.
14. Next we need to fill the Passwords boxes, these usally have a bunch of jiberish in them. We need to put the word "cricket" in them (no quotations).
15. Let's now move on to the "M.IP Settings. We need to change "Number of Active Profiles" to "1". Then "MIP_Mode" to "Simple IP Only".
16. Okay, let's now go down to "M.IP Default Profile". Change the "NAI" to the same format we did before (0123456789@mycricket.com) with your number. We need to continue this for
the rest of these under the 5 "M.IP Customer Profile".
17. Congrats! We're done in the ESPT! Click the same "Menu" "Ok" and restart device.
18. When our phone reboots, go to Settings>Connections>Connections. Go to "Advanced" then "Select Networks". Select "My Work Network" for both. Click OK to go back.
19. Now click the blue line that reads "Setup my Proxy Server". Check the box "This network connects to the Internet" and the one below it.
20. Now in the field below type "Wap.mycricket.com", highlight it, hold down and hit copy.
21. Now hit "Advanced" and click on each four types. hold down on the box "Server" and hit copy, so it fills it in. for "port" put 8080. Do these for each four fields, leaving "user name,
domains, and password" blank.
22. Now let's click OK to where we end up back at the blue lines. Se;ect "Add a modem", name it whatever you want and hit "Next". Make the number #777 Now in the next step, put
your ten dig number @mycricket.com so it's "0123456789@mycricket.com" the password is "cricket" (no quotes), leave domain blank. Click Finish till we're back at the start.
23. Launch Internet Explore and launch a site to see if the page loads! If you get an error message, we need to change our PRL. Refer to steps 7 for that. Select a different one and then
try loading a site again. Some PRLs may cause your phone to keep searching for service, if that happens, select a different one until Internet Explore works. Trust me, you will find the
right one.
24. Now we have that working, it's time to setup our MMS. Open up "PHM Regedit" which we installed. Navigate to "HKEY_Local_Machine>Software>Arcsoft>Arcsoft MMS UA>Config>UI"
look for "Enable Server Edit" Change the value to "1".
25. Let's also change "Domain" to "http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms"
26 Now let's expand the tab "UI" and go to "Size Limit".
27. On each "XxxLimit3" change it to "3072000" This will make our picture message be able to send and recieve up to 3MB!
28. Now let's go to tab "mm1" and change as follows.
WAP1Default Port:8080
WAP2DefaultPort:8080
WAPDefaultMaxTimeout: 5000

29. Now let's open up our Pic Message inbox. Let's go to "Menu" then "MMS or Pics/Video Options". Select the box "Disconnect from network..." Then go to "Servers". The server that is set
to default has a blue globe with a red arrow on it. Hit that, and edit as follows.

Server Name: Cricket MMS
Gateway is left blank
Port: 8080
Server Adress: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via" My Work Network
Sending Limit: 3000K

Click done.

30. Now lets go back to the Reg Editor, expand "mm1" then also "MMSCSetting" and find "Cricket MMS". Make sure the following keys which are WAPxxxxx all are "1024000". And that
"Wap Type" is "1".

31. Send a test MMS to yourself. This will insure you can send and recieve. I have discovered that in some areas of town, the MMS and sometimes Internet will not always work, so
sometimes you get MMS coming in a bit late. This has to do with Cricket's coverage. But, we are now DONE! We now can use our device on Cricket with Voice, SMS, MMS and Web!

I hope you have found this guide useful in your flashing to Cricket. If you appreciate my guides and ROMs and other work, and you would like to send a donation
please use this link here.

Donations are appreciated but never required for anything. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to help you. Thank you very much, for all of thek ind
messages, suport and donations. Take care -PDAJ.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 12-20-2009 at 05:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: PDAJ's CricKet Flashing Guide

Nice tutorial alot like the Titan and Vogue tutorials I have posted here for Titan http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=8 and here for Vogue http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94338
Nice work!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

greate write-up, but would like to say..........

step 30. changing wapxxxxx to 1024000 sets you sending limit to 1000k wich is crickets limit.

if you have a sprint device, your msl code needs to be changed to 000000 or cricket wap/mms wont work.

if you can find bafmsl graber in cab form, you wont need to enter your esn #, it just grabs it. (i have it, but it has been pulled from site, i wont post it)

if you have a sprint device, you need qpst to change your msl to all zeros. after you get your msl code (get spc for mugol and msl grabber for touch pro and diamond) write it down. you then need to find qpst in program files pressing start on pc, and select qpst, confiuration. once it has started, dial ##diag# on device. it will act funny and go back to today screen. plug device into pc and qpst will find it. click server and your device will show in list form but be only one on list. click it to start, first tab will ask for code, input it from msl graber used and click "read from phone" after you are in, go to cdma1 and change carrier name to cricket, and same for cdma2 and it will change carrier name displayed on device. go back to first tab and put 000000 in same line you put your msl code in to read and press "write to phone" your device will have six 0 code and say cricket.

if you put the correct 1x prl on device for your area or regin, *228 will set your min for you, security and mip settings need to be changed as above. it will also fully program without hanging up half way thru and puts the correct evdo prl on your device.

i have htc_kill_gaurdian if you want to run stock rom, and it can be found either searching here, xda-developers.com, or howardforums.com

if you use remove pic mail cab, cricket arcsoft cab, and locate mms pic size cab. you wont need to use reg edit. (i have links to all in a thread here) and in connection settings, just make sure it set to cricket for both and you are set

first time you connect to net, or send an mms, you will get a pop-up asking for username, password, and domain. username is your10phonenumber@mycricket.com password is cricket, leave domain blank and click save password.

after all your troubles, and net pops up telling you that a subscription to internet is required, go back to cricket and fight with them to turn it on. when they change your esn to new device, they will tell you they cant gaurentee net and mms to work, and 9 out of 10 times they will shut it off and still charge you for it.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Nice Work Dude! Thanks given!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Sweet! Great guide PDAJ!

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricker

sinicalmale is a n00b

DID EVERYTHING says new mms view it at mycricketcom your message id is....... WTF JUst want mms and gps to work
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: cricket

JonnyRawcon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
greate write-up, but would like to say..........

step 30. changing wapxxxxx to 1024000 sets you sending limit to 1000k wich is crickets limit.

if you have a sprint device, your msl code needs to be changed to 000000 or cricket wap/mms wont work.

if you can find bafmsl graber in cab form, you wont need to enter your esn #, it just grabs it. (i have it, but it has been pulled from site, i wont post it)

if you have a sprint device, you need qpst to change your msl to all zeros. after you get your msl code (get spc for mugol and msl grabber for touch pro and diamond) write it down. you then need to find qpst in program files pressing start on pc, and select qpst, confiuration. once it has started, dial ##diag# on device. it will act funny and go back to today screen. plug device into pc and qpst will find it. click server and your device will show in list form but be only one on list. click it to start, first tab will ask for code, input it from msl graber used and click "read from phone" after you are in, go to cdma1 and change carrier name to cricket, and same for cdma2 and it will change carrier name displayed on device. go back to first tab and put 000000 in same line you put your msl code in to read and press "write to phone" your device will have six 0 code and say cricket.

if you put the correct 1x prl on device for your area or regin, *228 will set your min for you, security and mip settings need to be changed as above. it will also fully program without hanging up half way thru and puts the correct evdo prl on your device.

i have htc_kill_gaurdian if you want to run stock rom, and it can be found either searching here, xda-developers.com, or howardforums.com

if you use remove pic mail cab, cricket arcsoft cab, and locate mms pic size cab. you wont need to use reg edit. (i have links to all in a thread here) and in connection settings, just make sure it set to cricket for both and you are set

first time you connect to net, or send an mms, you will get a pop-up asking for username, password, and domain. username is your10phonenumber@mycricket.com password is cricket, leave domain blank and click save password.

after all your troubles, and net pops up telling you that a subscription to internet is required, go back to cricket and fight with them to turn it on. when they change your esn to new device, they will tell you they cant gaurentee net and mms to work, and 9 out of 10 times they will shut it off and still charge you for it.
I seem to be unable to reset to 000000. I have downloaded programs (qpst, etc), but it won't acknowledge my phone, even with HTC drivers installed. Also, program doesn't "act funny and return to home screen".
I am using a WM 6.0 flashed to cricket, HTC ppc 6700.
Any advice?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks