PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   User-Agent spoofing to get slick Google Voice Interface? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113157)

keiichi626 03-05-2010 10:34 PM

User-Agent spoofing to get slick Google Voice Interface?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has tried this. I love the user-interface that google-voice has on iPhones and Palm Pre/Pixi's, and know that it is done using html-5.

Looking up the opera 10 beta mobile, I saw that it did support html-5, so I found the user-agent that an iPhone uses, entered that into the custom user agent field for opera, and, although I do get the new GV webpage, the formatting of it is corrupt (number pad is in a vertical column, instead of a keypad arrangement).

Is there something I did wrong? Or does opera 10 beta not support what I'm trying to do? Anybody have any successes on another browser?

Thanks in advance for your help.

keiichi626 03-06-2010 11:06 AM

Re: User-Agent spoofing to get slick Google Voice Interface?

No thoughts, anyone? Or interest in this? Or, am I in the wrong forum?

Nagrom Nniuq 03-06-2010 03:38 PM

I'm interested but don't know the answer.

Out of interest, what user agent string are you using for the iPhone?

lunigma 03-16-2010 01:20 PM

I've been using this user agent for a while now, I'm guessing it's the same you have. I also get bad formating. I'm using Opera 10 Final.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3

I don't think we'll be able to see this page. gmail, google reader and google talk look and work great, you get the full iphone interface. Where did you see that OperaMobile 10 uses HTML5?
I can't find that any where. We need HTML5 for this to work

lioncat55 03-22-2010 08:46 PM

2 things i think skyfire works with html5 if not i know that iris works with html5 for 100% also how do you change the user agent

pringlet 03-30-2010 12:30 PM

Hello,

I know of two webkit browsers (IRIS - discontinued and Dorothy) for Win-Mo. Since Safari is a webkit browser, if we can find a way to change the user agent in these browsers to the iphone's user agent we may have better results.

So far I haven't been able to find the user agent string in either of these browsers either thru settings or in the registry.

Any ideas?

pt

jpwhre 04-05-2010 08:54 PM

someone with wince want to extract the cab and check the xml file? i bet user agent is in there. if you can extract the pre and post xml, i would give a shot to change the user agent for iris and see if it works . have a cab builder program for my tp but it writes the xml for me, would need the xml file to change and try to rebuild the iris cab to match

pringlet 04-06-2010 12:03 PM

I d/led the trial of WinCE Cab Manager and picked apart the IRIS cab. The user agent was not in the _setup.xml. The only place I could find it was searching thru the binary files of the app. I found the user agent tag, but not the exact value in a couple places. Since it's binary I don't think you could update the file without breaking the checksum on the cab.

jostello 12-30-2010 05:25 PM

Has anyone found a way to access the WebOS/iPhone Google Voice webapp with a Windows Mobile 6.x phone? Using a WebOS user agent in Opera Mobile gets there, but it's corrupted (as described in initial post, vertical column for dialer). Iris Browser, which identifies as iPhone, works for the Gmail webapp but prompts to download the new app for iPhone instead of going to the webapp. I'm thinking using Iris with the WebOS user agent if that's possible? Anyone?

dewild1 02-02-2011 06:50 PM

Are you verified the user agent?
I can give you a web site to visit, I can check the logs on one of my servers and let you know what it is showing up as.
PM me so my server does not get a bunch of false hits.

Better yet, just do http://whatsmyuseragent.com/