PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

jony2803 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Tethering

I have ran some searches and realized that there are already some threads about this subject, but my case is kind of special and most of the threads seem to be out of date. I have my HTC Touch Pro flashed and working on Boost Mobile service and have not been able to get a simple answer on how to get my phone to provide my laptop with internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Inland Cellular

supernova V383 is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Tethering

If you go to Start\Programs is there an icon that says Internet Sharing? If there is then plug your phone into your compuer, on your phone, click on that icon, and down at the bottome of the screen there should be CONNECT. If you press that it will connect to the internet and the computer should treat it like a network and connect as well. This is the process that I have used on mine and other WM phones. I guess the next question would be are you running windows on your computer? Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

look for a program called wmwifirouter. it is a pay for app but it does wonders. you can connect to your laptop via bluetooth, usb, or wifi. easy to configure, great app. have been using it since i got my touch pro.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

If you have a custom rom, internet sharing should be one of the options when you plug your phone into the usb port. The three options that usually come up are Active Sync, Disk Drive or Internet Sharing. Takes about 30 secs for the net to connect and your good to go.

If that doesnt work, go to start>settings>connections and there should be something that says USB to PC on there. and make sure the "Ask about connection type when i connect" is checked, this will give you the options when you plug your phone in

Help Me Help You
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks