PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

Dralic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Home Mail Button Fix

I use exchange email and I'm looking for a way to make the HTC Home mail Icon point to my Outlook Email instead of my Pic/Video mail.

I know I just have to click the drop down and select the outlook inbox but I'd like to skip that step. I've looked in the registry and I can't see where this is controlled.

Yes we have EVDO in Alabama. And, Yes someone asked me.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
If you have the messaging select account on open option selected, it will prompt you which account to open.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 11-08-2007, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
If you have the messaging select account on open option selected, it will prompt you which account to open.
I think this is what you are talking about and that doesn't help.

When I click on messaging in the start menu I get the Which Account screen. But, when I click on the button indicated below I go strait to my Pic/Video Inbox.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yes, I am working on getting different working versions of this. it is not the easiest thing to do, but you can have it go directly to different outlook accounts.

Now, more directly, jamesus is saying that in poutlook options there is a way to have it go to an account selection screen. It is different from the one you posted.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
I do appreciate the help guys and I didn't know it this would be easy or hard to do.

But, I can't figure it out. And I'm sure there are others out there that would like some options on this too.

I'm not just waiting for an answer on this I'm working to find an answer in other places and looking myself I'm not a Dev or anything but I'm fare from helpless, and I will post any resolution or option I may find.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Yes, I am working on getting different working versions of this. it is not the easiest thing to do, but you can have it go directly to different outlook accounts.

Now, more directly, jamesus is saying that in poutlook options there is a way to have it go to an account selection screen. It is different from the one you posted.
colonel is right. See the below steps and see if you can't get to where I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralic View Post
I do appreciate the help guys and I didn't know it this would be easy or hard to do.

But, I can't figure it out. And I'm sure there are others out there that would like some options on this too.

I'm not just waiting for an answer on this I'm working to find an answer in other places and looking myself I'm not a Dev or anything but I'm fare from helpless, and I will post any resolution or option I may find.
Try this:

1. Hit the Messaging button.
2. Click Menu > Tools > Options
3. Make sure the "Display account picker when opening Messaging" is selected.
4. Now completely close out of Messaging.
5. When you hit the messaging button, it will then allow you to select which account you would like to view.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
<p>
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
colonel is right. See the below steps and see if you can't get to where I am talking about.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Try this:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>1. Hit the Messaging button.</p>
<p>2. Click Menu &gt; Tools &gt; Options</p>
<p>3. Make sure the &quot;Display account picker when opening Messaging&quot; is selected.</p>
<p>4. Now completely close out of Messaging.</p>
<p>5. When you hit the messaging button, it will then allow you to select which account you would like to view.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This is the screen I get when I folow line 2. and as you can see I have a check in the desired box, but I still go strait to the Pic/Video Inbox when I use the HTC Mail button indicated above. More below.</p>
<p><a href="http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/Dralic/Screenshot_2.jpg" border="0" alt="" /></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I clicked on the HTC Mail button and followed your directions. The box was already checked. So I closed it out and clicked it again and it pulled up the Pic/Video Inbox.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>So playing around I went to Start and clicked on Messaging which brings up the &quot;picker screen&quot; I went into option and the same thing as above is displayed of course. I unchecked it and selected Outlook Mail on the &quot;picker screen&quot;. Then closed Messaging and opened it again through the Start menu and it brought up Outlook Mail as I expected. I closed out Messaging again and clicked the HTC Mail button and it pulled up Pic/Video Inbox as always. I put the Check back in the box and continue to get the same results. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The HTC button on my version points directly to the Pic/Video Inbox it doesn't simply open Messaging. I have the newest version I know of but if you think my version is diff I'd be happy to try another.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I don't think this is a case of me not doing it right.</p>

Last edited by Dralic; 11-11-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
k, one other thing that may be in play here is which version of HTC Home you have installed. Some of the versions from over at xda were modified like I described to do certain things. Do you know which version you have installed? Perhaps try a different one for now.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
k, one other thing that may be in play here is which version of HTC Home you have installed. Some of the versions from over at xda were modified like I described to do certain things. Do you know which version you have installed? Perhaps try a different one for now.
I've tried three other versions/builds today and they all have the same result. I got the one off of you FTP most recently and I'm running that one now.

HTCHomeWM56Tab.cab The one with PPCGeeks on it wouldn't install.

Really isn't that big a deal I guess, Thanks for the help though guys it makes me feel better about not figuring it out myself anyway.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
I figured out how to make it work for me.

This will make your Pic/Video Inbox disappear! So not really a fix more of an acceptable workaround for me.

Go to:
HKLM\Software\Inbox\Svc\MMS\DefMsgClass

Cut DefMsgClass and past it in HKLM\Software\Inbox\Svc\ActiveSync
(Just because I put it there with no ill effect and you my want you Pic/Video Inbox back one day.)

After doing this the HTC Mail Icon pulls up the same than as the Messaging link in the Start Menu whatever that is.

This works for me only because my Outlook E-Mail is the only messaging I use. I have never used Pic/Video Messaging before and this has no effect on my TXT messaging at all my Inbox is still there and I get messages fine.

Again, This is not a fix and doing this will kill your Pic/Video Inbox it will not show up in Messaging. But, this resolves my personal issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks