PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

David_Yalden is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Star Key Produces * then W then P When Pressed in Succession

I found a thread dated November of 2009 (#9405 with zero replies. I'm hoping that opening a new thread will bring this topic back into the light. Can anyone provide some information on this issue as I'm having the same problem as GRV?

SCENARIO: Our corporate VM requires the star key (a.k.a. asterisk) to be pressed twice, in quick succession, to access our VM; however, when I try this on my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM), I get the *, then W, then P, then * again and so on. Does anyone have any information on how to disable this unbelieveably annoying feature?

The Touch (Vogu100), I had before, did this with a stock ROM but NSF's ROM took care of that little problem, so I know it can be done. I simply am not versed enough to do so.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Re: Star Key Produces * then W then P When Pressed in Succession

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Yalden View Post
SCENARIO: Our corporate VM requires the star key (a.k.a. asterisk) to be pressed twice, in quick succession, to access our VM; however, when I try this on my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM), I get the *, then W, then P, then * again and so on. Does anyone have any information on how to disable this unbelieveably annoying feature?
Hi David - I don't know how to disable it, but perhaps you might be able to get around it using a speed dial. If you don't already have one, create a contact called "Office" or "Office Voicemail". Key in the phone number that gets you access to the company voicemail, then add p for pause (or two or three if you need to give it more time to answer), then add your two asterisks. If you want you can then put in another pause then your mailbox number (1111 for me), then password.

In my case, the entry would look like this: (123)456-7890pp*p1111p1090#

Once it is set up you can then simply press and hold the number that corresponds to the speed dial entry and get fully automated access to your voicemail box.

Hope this helps...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

David_Yalden is a n00b

That would be a viable ''out of the box'' option I hadn't considered. Thanks for the recommendation. I may have to resort it.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1
Carrier: Sprint

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is a device error, it should not happen.

You can take it back to your carrier if you have insurance and they will replace it for free (new or refurb), or you might even be able to upgrade free.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks