PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Wanted: New Mail notification for mail in sub-folders

Using a 6.5.3 (28011 but, issue on all builds).

I sync with an Exchange server, all is good there and Direct push works pretty well over all.

The problem is on the server I have my rules setup, they move some mail to folders that are in the inbox based on who or what the subject is. Example "inbox\mail folder1"). So when WM grabs a mail that is in one of these folders, it does not give me a new mail notification and it will only show I have new mail if it goes into the root of the inbox.

Is there any registry fix for this or any 3rd party program that will help with this ? I do not want any 3rd party e-mai programs, I am happy with how it works besides this.

Thanks !

-Dave
Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

christjosh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wanted: New Mail notification for mail in sub-folders

I would love to see this as well but so far I haven't found anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

Bumb- i hate checking my phone exclusively for mail folders. I would love to see this as well.
----------Priceless ----------
Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Dam ! I saw replies and was crossing my fingers..

Hmmmm....Googling around I ran into this...

http://www.blackmonlabs.com/

It's $10 but, not sure if it works with 6.5... Anyone try it ? I know it might be a good deal but, It's kind of dumb to pay for something that should be there in the first place...maybe it's just me.

And I saw this...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...33&postcount=4

In his sig...PeraCount something that shows counts for voice mail, e-mail, sms, etc...wonder if it works with folders ?

Last edited by DavidinCT; 12-17-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: More ideas...
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Somewhat defeats the purpose of in-box rules moving mail to other folders, but you could update the rule to copy the message so the in-box alert would fire and you could disposition (delete?) out of your in-box, while maintaining the copy that you also have in the nested folder.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Somewhat defeats the purpose of in-box rules moving mail to other folders, but you could update the rule to copy the message so the in-box alert would fire and you could disposition (delete?) out of your in-box, while maintaining the copy that you also have in the nested folder.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Thanks but that is more of a work-around than a fix. I know tons of people who do their mail like this in sub folders in the "inbox" with the rules, there has to be a "FIX" for this someplace.

I guess it helps that when I am working I am a MCSE and a Exchange administrator. Just one of those things that has been really bothering me about all versions of WM and could never find a answer for.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:59 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Thanks but that is more of a work-around than a fix. I know tons of people who do their mail like this in sub folders in the "inbox" with the rules, there has to be a "FIX" for this someplace.

I guess it helps that when I am working I am a MCSE and a Exchange administrator. Just one of those things that has been really bothering me about all versions of WM and could never find a answer for.
I hear ya; I run a SBS box with Exchange Server (included) for a personal domain and there might be a solution out there, but most of the interesting things I have discovered that can bolt on to ES are far from on the cheap!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
........ but most of the interesting things I have discovered that can bolt on to ES are far from on the cheap!
Soooo true... (I also run a Home Exchange server, something to learn off now I depend on it).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks