PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   sound settings in the registry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100554)

psycho_maniac 12-07-2009 03:34 PM

sound settings in the registry

i was wondering if anybody could help me out.
im looking for the registry settings for your sounds and notifications. anybody know where these are located? thanks!

mwrood 12-07-2009 04:07 PM

Re: sound settings in the registry

not sure exactly where theyre at but if u get a program called chrome flashback u can back up ur sound and notification settings to a reg file n then load them anytime u want to after a new flash....itll also do backlight settings, owner info, and a few other things (but be careful bc some of the "other" ones dont back up properly)...the ones i named work perfectly...the only problem is it doesnt back up the setting of ur actual ringtone for when u get a phone call (name of the ringer and which type of ring (ring. ring and vibrate, ring then vibrate, etc)...if u fing that reg key let me know...what i did was back up the ring and notification, owner info, and backlight info then created cabs out of them so i can use them with sashimi or sdconf...its very helpful and easy breezy...hit the thanks if this helped

psycho_maniac 12-07-2009 05:18 PM

nice! great idea. i was just thinking of what you said at the end of you post and then saw that thats exactly what you did.

mwrood 12-07-2009 05:43 PM

glad i could help

psycho_maniac 12-07-2009 06:05 PM

so it saves the registry files needed to your storage card? thats how it works?

kjhadfield 12-07-2009 06:31 PM

i tried that app too and not everything worked 4 me, it would say restore but then also give error and where it said it was saved, nothing was there 2 be restored.

search, xda i think, 4 'keep my tones'. restores/backup sounds/ notifications, and works great 4 me and i think all is saved, even contact ringtones!

also if you want to know bout where sum settings are in the registry, such as manila contact card, weather, push pages, etc plus vibrate, backlite, etc, go to juicy's rom thread (i use that) and go to post #3363 by me and you will see i posted .reg keys to sum settings i saved and it would be a gud starting point 4 you 2 look. 4 real check it out, dont know a page # just the post

hope it helps

kjhadfield 12-07-2009 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
n/m this is the link 4 my post w/ .reg files to help you find what .reg file saves what setting

and also the cab 4 keep my tones

hope that helps better

psycho_maniac 12-07-2009 08:20 PM

so i could use this app... it would save the reg files. open the regfiles to see what is being saved. then take them regfiles and put them in cab for myself?

mwrood 12-07-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1394641)
so i could use this app... it would save the reg files. open the regfiles to see what is being saved. then take them regfiles and put them in cab for myself?

im using the chrome flash back with no major problems...like i stated, alot of it doesnt back up properly but for what i mentioned it works perfectly

psycho_maniac 12-07-2009 08:31 PM

yeah all im looking for is what registry files it saves. also i know that they dont save the actual files. i already have that setup on my cab to copy the ringtones i use over to "my documents"