PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HELP Please Convert pim.vol to ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8358)

JASTECH 09-12-2007 01:22 AM

HELP Please Convert pim.vol to ?

I am sorry for posting this in the wrong place earlier. Admins can delete them if needed.

I have upgraded to Helmis WM6 on my XV6700. I need my contacts from WM5. Prior to the WM6 I did try to sync w/WM5 and nothing in Outlook or Windows mail. I called tech support Tier2 and they said phone was bad and told me to try and backup the file pim.vol. So I did copy and paste to my PC and my external 1gig. So, I need a program that will take the pim.vol from the ext. memory and import it to my contacts in the XV6700 WM6. Or a way to convert it so that Outlook or Windows Mail can see it and then import and I can sync the phone and do it that way. I will pay for this as it is your time you take to do this for me. I need all my contacts for medical reasons. I was electricuted at work and now have had surgery and on very strong pain pills for the nerve damage ect. Please let me know if you can work on this for me. There are over 120 contacts and emails ect. I am on Work Comp so I will have to make payments to you. I can email you the pim.vol file too. Thanks for your help and sorry for the long text. JAS

w8tvi 09-12-2007 04:07 AM

What you need to do if flash back to your WM5 ROM, copy your pim.vol back to the device (I think you also have to soft reset to get it to read it), then go here and follow the instructions on how to get a free mail2web push email account.

Once all your contacts and your calender is synced with mail2web, you can now re-flash your 6700 to the WM6 ROM.
The last step you need to do is start from step 3 in the post linked to above to sync your 6700 to the mail2web server.
You should now have all your contacts and your calender back.

JASTECH 09-12-2007 02:34 PM

When I sync on Vista it loads all kinds of stuff on my phone and runs it out of memory. That is another reason why I would like to have a program that would do it via importing the contacts folder to it then I should be able to copy and paste it into the phone. Question if I may, why is the contacts from WM5 different then WM6? Thanks, JAS

w8tvi 09-12-2007 02:44 PM

you don 't need a program, and you don't need to snyc to vista to do this. If you have a wifi access point to get online at home or the data plan for your 6700, you can do this without even touching the computer other than to flash the 6700.
if you don't have an wifi at home or a data plan you can also go to a free hotspot somewhere to the sync over wifi.

And your windows media player is setup to fill the memory of your 6700 every time you plug it in. you need to go into the options and disable that in windows media player.

JASTECH 09-12-2007 07:09 PM

Ok, I will look for that option in WMP. I would still like a program to do this, i'm sure others have been or will be the same boat (ship, more room)lol. Thanks, JAS

w8tvi 09-12-2007 07:23 PM

Have you tried deleting the pim.vol on the device and pasting your backup in its place?

JASTECH 09-12-2007 08:32 PM

w8tvi, I just did that and did a soft boot. Now I have my history of calls and when I click on Contacts it won't do anything. Any ideas? Anybody else? Thanks, JAS

JASTECH 09-12-2007 08:44 PM

Also, I just went through the History and then clicked Menu > Add to Contacts for each one. Then I clicked on Contacts and the screen refreshes and nothing. So I still need some help. Anybody else care to join in the fun? Thanks, JAS

denap 04-29-2008 12:55 PM

Re: HELP Please Convert pim.vol to ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8tvi (Post 86224)
What you need to do if flash back to your WM5 ROM, copy your pim.vol back to the device (I think you also have to soft reset to get it to read it), then go here and follow the instructions on how to get a free mail2web push email account.

How, exactly, does one flash back to WM5? I have a similar sort of problem in that I went from my original Verizon PPC AKU on an XV6700 to AKU 3.3. I saved off my pim.vol thinking I could simply replace it after the reflash; nope, different format. (I couldn't so a sync, which is why I was reflashing in the first place)

So, now I have a nicely refreshed 3.3 PPC and no contacts and get 101 and 201 errors when I try and go back to AKU 2.2. So, is there some way to convert PIM.vol formats or export the db? Failing that, anyone know how to back down to 2.2 from 3.3?

thanks
-Tom

KatyaCincy 08-26-2010 11:26 AM

Re: HELP Please Convert pim.vol to ?

Hi,
is there a chance to get the contacts from the pim.vol file? My phone broke, and this is what i have on my pc left. I need the contacts from it badly ))))