PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Telus Mobility

sshearer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to sshearer
Lightbulb WM6 voicemail application ?

Hi, I've been reviewing the WM6 API documentation and see that there's a few interesting functions under 'TAPI Line Device':
- lineHandoff,
- lineGetStatusMessages, &
- linePickup

Has anyone built, or considered building, an add-on to the Phone application which would act as an answering machine ? Would anyone be interested in working with me on this ? Are there any major technical problems to overcome (besides storage space) ?

I think there's probably at least 3 ways to architect this:
- by modifying the Phone application to perform a 'lineHandoff' after a configurable number of seconds to another application (this would be my prefered solution), or
- by creating a separate application to monitor line status messages for 'ring' and waiting a configurable number of seconds before answering.
- by creating a replacement Phone application which takes full control of all incoming calls and does a handoff to the current Phone application depending on configuration (this solution also has some interesting possibilities).

If anyone would like to pursue this further, please feel free to contact me either here, or at:
shearer_steven@hotmail.com or (in Vancouver, BC, Canada - that's on the west coast ) at 604-992-1424.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshearer View Post
Hi, I've been reviewing the WM6 API documentation and see that there's a few interesting functions under 'TAPI Line Device':
- lineHandoff,
- lineGetStatusMessages, &
- linePickup

Has anyone built, or considered building, an add-on to the Phone application which would act as an answering machine ? Would anyone be interested in working with me on this ? Are there any major technical problems to overcome (besides storage space) ?

I think there's probably at least 3 ways to architect this:
- by modifying the Phone application to perform a 'lineHandoff' after a configurable number of seconds to another application (this would be my prefered solution), or
- by creating a separate application to monitor line status messages for 'ring' and waiting a configurable number of seconds before answering.
- by creating a replacement Phone application which takes full control of all incoming calls and does a handoff to the current Phone application depending on configuration (this solution also has some interesting possibilities).

If anyone would like to pursue this further, please feel free to contact me either here, or at:
shearer_steven@hotmail.com or (in Vancouver, BC, Canada - that's on the west coast ) at 604-992-1424.
Steve,

I am the one that started the other Voicemail thread (Visual Voicemail for 6700).
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...101#post141101

I have been looking at some of the web offerings that will transcribe the voicemessage to txt message and send to you.
This gets part of my requirement but not all of it.

Here is my train of thought: hopefully not a de-railed train of thought
1. Have the VoiceMail on users phone go to somewhere other than carriers voicemail app (vzw does not track the info on the voicemessage that I am looking for. Have heard from others that sprint does not track the info on the voicemessage either).
2. System must be able to do a couple of big things:
a. Record the message to .wav or .mp3 (.mp3 would be prefered).
b. Transcribe the message to text (audio to text apps are all over the net so not a big deal on this one).
c. Be able to trap the who (Who left the message, at very least the phone number, CallerID), when (When was the message left, date and time) and length of message (length of the audio file, very easily done once its recorded to seperate file).
3. Custom App on PPC that will accept the voicemessage items (for the time being, SMS and TXT Messaging would work just fine).

Hopefully that all makes sense.

FYI: I have a system that does some of the above that works with my office's PBX. But only works with numbers that are on the PBX. My idea is to test an app with the above requirements with one of the free numbers on our PBX (have 15 - 20 free numbers currenty). One draw back to using the PBX at my office is that it would incure long distance charges if your out of home area.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Found this little app for a different Symbian S60 v3

http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...&section=S60V3

It looks to have a pretty good selection of features that you were looking for....

Now if we can port it over to the PocketPC.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

KMyers is a n00b
Never done any Windows Mobile Developement, But I can donate Webspace and domains for this project. PM Me if interisted
Check it out for the latest Media Content

PPC 6700 (Sprint)
Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Check out: http://morningpaper.typepad.com/morn...-voicemai.html

He says CallWave can be used on both Sprint and Verizon, though getting it to work on Sprint can be a pain depending on your CSR.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sshearer is a n00b
WM6 voicemail application ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Found this little app for a different Symbian S60 v3

http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...&section=S60V3

It looks to have a pretty good selection of features that you were looking for....

Now if we can port it over to the PocketPC.
Yes, this looks (well, except for the GUI ) exactly like what I'm looking for ! (No, I'm not interested in using a 3rd party NoAnswerCallForward-based solution).

Anyone interested in doing a technical feasibility study ?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sshearer is a n00b
WM6 voicemail application ?

Well, I now have MS-Visual Studio 2008 Professional installed, along with the Standard & Professional versions of the WM6 SDK (to be able to eventually support a couple different runtime environments).

Wonder of wonders, they actually have a sample C# program which demos detecting when the phone rings !

I have cut it down to the bare essentials and installed it, and it actually works ! So now I just need to do a bunch more reading & experimenting...

Steve.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Just wanted to let people know I got my bill and I was charged for all the Call Forward No Answer calls even though I should not have been, so CallWave is gone for me.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker

spikeinin is a n00b
Re: WM6 voicemail application ?

only works with numbers that are on the PBX.How is it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development