PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Wizard, Apache, Titan, Vogue, Herman, Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

htc.user is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Project Copper (wire)

after reading in the touch pro cdma forum about the MightyMike, Juicy47 project Copper, i was hoping that it was a project working towards connecting a mobile device with a computer and then connecting the main telephone line in the house to the phone jack from the computer and being able to use the phone as a land line without anything but the mobile phone or pocket pc, computer, and landlines.

but it predictably was not a project anything like that. so i post here since that would certainly be an extended feature. there are similar services available (i remember that the motorola pebl or something would allow ringing of the home phone instead of the mobile on a specific carrier, but that required either a specialized service plan and/or proprietary hardware).
Old 04-11-2009, 03:41 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Project Copper (wire)

who has phone lines in there house anymore with cells phone spreading like the plague?

j/k but why would you wan to do this? i dont understand the concept.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

ppl who dont have unlimited minutes... lol and still want to use the cels
Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM
rudy420

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sprint has the hardware for that in their sprint online store http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...Step=accessory

scroll down and you will see it. it is called dock and talk
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i used to have a cordless phone i bought at wal-mart that linked to my cell via bluetooth. when i got a landline phonecall my cell rang and i could talk on it rather than my home phone. but after leaving the house one to many times with a mostly dead cell battery after talking a while at home on it rather than my uncool landline i ditched it. is that similar to what you want?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development