PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yah I would say let us know what you come up with ... cuz as of right now it looks like im gonna be purchasing verichat as it is the only AIM program so far that hasn't destroyed my battery in about 2 hours
Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ztrikker is a n00b
We could setup a Jabber server and use Imov messenger, im trying to get one setup and working. If i do I could let ppcgeeks users use it to get ims from y!, AIM/ICQ, and msn as long as you guys promise not to push big files across since it would be a low bandwidth server.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700
Threadstarter

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrikker
We could setup a Jabber server and use Imov messenger, im trying to get one setup and working. If i do I could let ppcgeeks users use it to get ims from y!, AIM/ICQ, and msn as long as you guys promise not to push big files across since it would be a low bandwidth server.
i use octro its the best and i will definitely be buying it when its final. and i never pay for apps but it works well for what i want so ill support them.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DodgeV83 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrikker
What would you gain by using your own Jabber server vs. the default one it selects when Imov is installed?

If I install my own personal Jabber server, can I get functionality like Verichat?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I know nothing of I'M technology but if it can be done I'm sure we have enough bw to handle it here at ppcgeeks. Ideas? thoughts?
~mike

Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ztrikker is a n00b
When i installed imov and used their server I couldnt access aim or any of the public im systems. Has that changes recently?

Jabber allows you to have a client connect to the server then they can use the jabber server as a gateway to other im clients. Im building a server this sunday and see if i can get ejjabard installed on it. We will see if this works ok.

If you want to run it with ppcgeeks you need a linux machine running ejabberd server http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/

quick setup info : http://www.process-one.net/tutorials...ewlet_swf.html
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
N00b

infam0uskills is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to infam0uskills
i have the 6800 and i use aim 2.0, so i wanted to know is there a way i can make my phone vibrate when i get a new instant message? ive been trying to find out a way for days now
Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work
Just spend the cash on IM+, it's a pretty good app, kind of pricey, but worth it if you're looking for a good IM client that does more than just MSN!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development