PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hacks, tips and tricks
Carrier: sprint

myeyewhatdidyoudotomyeye is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice Recorder that is free

I would like to use my phone as a voice recorder, I am an apps hound so if you guys have a voice recorder that is free and easy to use, and encodes straight to mp3 that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Voice Recorder that is free

no freebies go to mp3... why do you need that for VOICE? you're only gonna use 1/20th of the bandwidth, the rest is there to encode mono hiss from the $.05 mic in glorious stereo?

If you just want a decent free voice recorder with unlimited length recording, use the htc voice recorder that comes bundled with WM6.1 on HTC devices, and is also easily found in cab form with a google or two.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hacks, tips and tricks
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

myeyewhatdidyoudotomyeye is a n00b

I am trying to download my lectures for biochem, and the class goes for at least 2hrs, so I need something that goes to mp3, for space sake. and for some strange and odd reason, even though I told it to save to flash, it doesn't want to, it caches to internal mem and after it craps out, it sends to the external mem. any advice?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This program claims to do what you need. It's called Notem, and it's free:
http://freewareppc.com/multimedia/notem.shtml
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

mp3 encoding is going to use 10x the space as .amr as used it HTC voice recorder. I'd just use that - there are converters out there for .amr->.mp3 if for some reason you need that.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1

bitmeok is a n00b
Red face Why is the history on the computer not deleting

Why is the history on the computer not deleting?!Anyone know?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development