PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Lurker

pastortroy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
exchange server certificates

Can anyone tell me how (or give me a link) on how to create a cab file from Exchange Server 2003 for a server certificate for a Treo 700w? I have a friend that is desperate to get his Treo online with his server and his IT is not able to help at this moment (he works for a church and the IT help is voluntary.)
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Lurker

bradenmcg is a n00b
I'm assuming his Exchange server is using a self-signed certificate? If he's got a public/real SSL cert it shouldn't be a problem. this can be easily tested by going to https://server.company.com/oma - if you get a connection and IE/Firefox doesn't biatch, then the cert should work with the PPC.

use the search on the MS knowledgebase, I know there's a howto on the web somewhere and i think they wrote it.

note that if they're using forms based authentication on the exchange server, you'll have to jump through a bunch of extra hoops to make direct activesync work. see here.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crawrj is a n00b
Re: exchange server certificates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastortroy
Can anyone tell me how (or give me a link) on how to create a cab file from Exchange Server 2003 for a server certificate for a Treo 700w? I have a friend that is desperate to get his Treo online with his server and his IT is not able to help at this moment (he works for a church and the IT help is voluntary.)
Getting the cert is easy but only if you have admin access to the exchange server. You will need to open IIS. Right click the default website and click properties. Click Directory Security. Click view certificate. Click details. Click copy to file. Next, No, Next, Choose DER, Next, Choose path, Next, Finish and OK. Now all you do is copy the .cer file to the phone and click on it. It will automatically install.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development