PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

treizi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
activesync problem/Outlook

I've been trying to successfully back up my Mogul before doing anything with the new update that came out, but I just got to trying to mess around with the Activesync today. Everything seems ok, but now on the main screen it says, Connected Microsoft Exchange: Attention required and when I click on that, it says "synchronization could not be completed. if this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships. support code 80004005. Running the troubleshooting on the activesync only tells me that Outlook should be installed.

I already uninstalled active sync and reinstalled. Then deleted the sync from the phone and had it recognize with no changes. I was looking at another post, something about running scanpst.ext from the desktop, and when trying to do "run" on that file, my computer can't find it.

I'm pretty much completely new at this and a lot of the terms go way over me, so any help would be really appreciated, but please go easy on me. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker

kkohlmann is a n00b
Re: activesync problem/Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by treizi View Post
I've been trying to successfully back up my Mogul before doing anything with the new update that came out, but I just got to trying to mess around with the Activesync today. Everything seems ok, but now on the main screen it says, Connected Microsoft Exchange: Attention required and when I click on that, it says "synchronization could not be completed. if this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships. support code 80004005. Running the troubleshooting on the activesync only tells me that Outlook should be installed.

I already uninstalled active sync and reinstalled. Then deleted the sync from the phone and had it recognize with no changes. I was looking at another post, something about running scanpst.ext from the desktop, and when trying to do "run" on that file, my computer can't find it.

I'm pretty much completely new at this and a lot of the terms go way over me, so any help would be really appreciated, but please go easy on me. Thanks!
I get the same problem when syncing to exchange with NO2CHEM's 5054 build, extremely frustrating, because it doesn't seem to happen for everything, very annoying though, because I love the ROM, but can't get my contacts or email to sync!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
t3d
Lurker

t3d is a n00b

Hi,

I've had the same problem (80004005 error code when trying to sync) 3 times.
First time only solution I found was clear storage (settings back to factory default)
Second time found a recently installed app on my Tytn which accessed phone book, an app for messaging. After deleting the problem was solved.
Third time there where no apps and didn't want to install everyting again, so went to the registry on my pocket pc to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Partners and delete/renamed the map inside the partners. Also delete partnership on desktop. after that it synced all items well again.

GL

Ted
Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Fake_Death is just getting started

I've been having this problem with my Htc diamond. I get the error 80004005.Does anyone have a solution for this??
Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Personally I would just use PIM backup. Its SOO much eaiser to use and its all stored on your SD card. just create a new folder and name it PIM then go to PIMBackup and save a backup to that folder, Hard reset then restore fron that file. its really really easy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPCPimBackup.zip (169.1 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yearn's gota point
but if u dont have Outlook installed or an exchange server, ur gona get that message, jus an explanation on why it happens...
but his work around is the easiest by far...good call bro
Old 12-22-2008, 11:24 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Thanks man
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

Fake_Death is just getting started