PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
making .asx files?

so i found on here, i think it was here, an .asx file that had a few tv channels in it.

how does that work? i googled .asx but it didnt really help. i know of a few sites that stream tv for the computer, is there any way i can turn their feed into an .ask file to use on my WX?

(if this is the wrong place to put it please move it.)
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Yea, its real simple. Just open up notepad and create one using the following layout/tutorial. And if ya wanna, you could share it!
~Mike

PS I nice thing would be maybe a couple .asxs that stream music but are grouped by categories. Say one for Hiphop and R&B, Country, Rock, and so on.....that would be kind of cool eh? Instead of having to use thestreamcenter.com and clicking links you could just skip through and find the links ur looking for.
Quote:
ASX Files (Windows Media Metafiles)
Below is a typical layout of an ASX file created in notepad, and used with Windows Media Player:

Your Radio
Your Radio
http://www.yourradio.com
(c)2006 Your Radio

Your Radio
Your Radio

http://www.yourradio.com
(c)2006 Your Radio

Here "Your Radio" would be replaced by the name of your station/website. The section which reads "" identifies the stream location "http://rs2...." and publishing point "/yourradio" of your stream. This information you will receive from your Streaming Server provider.

One you have amended this information you are free to save it into the ASX format. In any text editor this is done simply by saving it as "youradio.asx" in the Save As dialog. If you have correctly performed this task you will see a Windows Media Player icon showing the filename.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

orangesuburban is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
thanks, im gona try and hook this up. i know i have some sites at home that will work. but i just googled some sites and the first one uses quicktime as the viewer, any way to make that work on the wx/6700/WM5?
Old 12-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I'm not sure but I don't think so.
~Mike
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development