PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice to Text app?

You can get MS .net cf 3.5 cab file from the Favorite Cabs thread stickied at the top. First page, 3rd post down. download it and save it to your card and run the cab file....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkinsn View Post
I installed the voice control, and while it shows up in the list of uninstallable programs, it doesn' show up under th Start menu o I don't see how to open it to adjust anything! It turns on when I hold down the Send button tho.
Not sure what this means. When installed, you will find TellMe in your Programs. Go to Programs and run TellMe.........
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

elkinsn is a n00b

Good grief, the 3.5 .net cab says that I have a later version already installed! BTW, I was referring to the M$ Voice Control installed under the TellMe. There's an icon under the Start Menu for Tell Me but not for the Voice Control. Any other suggestions on either how to access VC to make adjustments or other ideas for making TellMe work? I love the concept and I *really* want it to work on my phone! Thanks everyone.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

phatboy29m is a n00b

For some reason Tellme did not work for me at all. Maybe it disagreed with my southern accent...lol
Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkinsn View Post
Good grief, the 3.5 .net cab says that I have a later version already installed! BTW, I was referring to the M$ Voice Control installed under the TellMe. There's an icon under the Start Menu for Tell Me but not for the Voice Control. Any other suggestions on either how to access VC to make adjustments or other ideas for making TellMe work? I love the concept and I *really* want it to work on my phone! Thanks everyone.
Welp, 6.5 is suppose to have a later version of .net cf 3.5 already installed in the ROM. I'm still using 6.1 and lovin it.

You access Voice Command by going to Settings/Personal/Voice Command to enable it, set which progies use it and options and notifications.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

my last ROM, tellme worked as it is supposed to, but on my new ROM, 23121 build, it doesn't work at all.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

not sure how this got necrobumped, but moved to winmo apps :S
Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker

elkinsn is a n00b

OK, I've tried everything mentioned and still no-dice. So I'm giving up, as far as I can tell, this just palin does *not* work with the TP2 phone. I can sometimes get it to work for stuff like movies or weather but not for Texting which is the sole reason I wanted it.

Does anyone know of an app that will perform speech to text for use while driving? And perhaps even vice-versa? Thanks for all the suggestions guys (Gals?) but this app is just not ready for prime-time for the Sprint WinMo 6.5 TP2.

Nathan
Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Tell me works with windows 6.5 operating systems.

Try Flashing your phone to windows 6.5. Tellme works with windows 6.5 not windows 6.1. If you do this tellme will work. I don't like it much I which it could work through bluetooth but it does not. I wish that they would upgrade it but they haven't.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106097

I wrote up a big info blurb on VC, Tellme, Bing

I think it should help many reading this thread.

"Voice Command" after install adjusts in
START (Windows key)
SETTINGS
PERSONAL
select "Voice Command" button
If it's not in there, then it's not installed!
It's awesome, I can't believe people don't use this more. I never press keys. Read that link above.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker

elkinsn is a n00b

The phone shipped with 6.5 installed and I did a hard reset about a week ago and it went back to it's raw 6.5 setup. The only things I have installed are a better battery monitor and TCPMP. TellMe still can't recognize anything related to texting; "Text Tammy", "Text Tammy Elkins", "Text" all fail miserably. "Movies" and "Weather" worked but I don't need/care about stuff like that.

On another subject: Has anyone found a good movie player for this phone? TCPMP works worse in 6.5 than it did in 6.1. Fewer movies are watchable now that I have a bigger/better/faster/more phone (over my 1st gen Touch) and it's maddening! Thanks!

Nathan
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications