PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Applications (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PicDialer 1.0 now in beta (01/01/07) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=698)

ZaijiaN 09-18-2006 08:41 PM

PicDialer 1.0 now in beta (01/01/07)

2 Attachment(s)
Updated 01/17/07

Thanks beta testers! I haven't gotten many problem reports so i'm going to assume everything is running fine.

I'll try and get a 1.0 final release by this weekend.

Updated 9/29/06

I got my 700wx on Friday, and by Saturday, I had created my first .NET compact application!

I'd been wanting a way to see a list of all my contact pictures, and then dial them. This functionality didn't come with the phone, and I didn't bother searching the web, so I created my own:

http://philchuang.com/cs/photos/scre.../original.aspx

Quote:

ChangeLog
-----------------------
-0.96b (09/27/06)
-bugfix bugfix bugfix (that's what I get for rushing)

-0.95b (09/27/06)
-optimized loading
-created application icon
-added registration system code
-optimized display code
-improved memory usage
-bugfixes

-0.85b
-standardized softkeys
-added context menu to pictures

-0.8b
-removed "Load All Contacts" option, always on
-optimized GUI drawing
-using WM5 SDK instead of unsafe native calls for phone dialing

-0.7b
-initial release
Feedback/questions welcome!

ajk511 09-18-2006 08:49 PM

looks nice. im gonna try it when i get home and ill compare it with photocontacs pro.

Wideawake 09-18-2006 08:57 PM

sweet I will give this a try later. I'm trying to learn here and there about programming with vs05 pro. Its an amazing program and well I'm in over my head :D

Wideawake 09-18-2006 09:33 PM

Ok checked it out...its nice to be ur first and I do have a few suggestions. First as per microsoft, they say make ur expanding menu on the right soft key and one action on the other. Then if possible maybe making it where u can also scroll the contacts on one page with the joystick/d-pad. Then make the right soft key scroll through pages maybe. I dunno but I think this would help with using one handed. if I think of more I will let u know.
~mike

ps nice app to be ur first.

jeffdiogenes 09-19-2006 12:17 AM

This rules for the mere fact i only have pictures of the people i would ever call :P

Works great on my 6700 i dont mind the interface...likely going to use this as a Today Screen "Contacts Button" replacement

If you are looking for feature ideas to add: SMS, MMS, Email options maybe just to interface with VJPhonetools via commandline...mmm
me like

ZaijiaN 09-21-2006 12:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, i'll release a new version soon.

I started my 2nd app yesterday, and that's when I figured out the softkey standards.

There's not many Actions I can put on the left softkey, other than Refresh/Settings. I'll probably just put Settings there, and move Refresh over to Menu.

As far as usability goes, I initially tried to design it so that individual pictures could be selected with the d-pad, but that proved to be pretty difficult due to the default d-pad behavior. So instead I have the dpad switch screens, then to dial, you have to click the picture. I figure that's the best compromise I can do for now.

For SMS/Email/other ways of contact, I can add in a context menu on each picture, so that it'll bring up a list of ways to contact that you can select.

Wideawake 09-21-2006 12:24 AM

good ideas ;) this will be a useful app when mapped to a hard key. :D

ZaijiaN 09-21-2006 12:27 AM

Speaking of which, does anybody know how to put my app in as a menu option on the today screen? Or know who does? It'd be sweet if I could insert it in there under the contacts item.

Wideawake 09-21-2006 12:34 AM

no clue :? sorry.

ZaijiaN 09-21-2006 01:50 AM

I'd add the latest directory to the board, but I guess atttachments are turned off for this board or my account.

I'll post it tomorrow via megaupload sometime.