PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

ericizzy1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wm 5.0

is this program ment for wm 5.0? thnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaijiaN
It's buggy, i'll have a new version out soon.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: wm 5.0

it works on WM 5 for sure. I developed it for my treo 700wx. it may be able to work on other ppc phones but I have yet to do any testing on them.

i'll have a 1.0 release very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericizzy1
is this program ment for wm 5.0? thnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaijiaN
It's buggy, i'll have a new version out soon.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've got the 1.0 version ready to roll out, I just need some people to test it!

If you want to help me test it, then PM me, and i'll send you the cab. After the final version is released, you'll get the registration code for free.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
sent this to you in an email, but im gona post it here also just so other people can comment on it...

Quote:
Hey, i have found a few things that arent quit right and some things i want to throw at you to consider, or see if it can be done...

when i open pic dialer, go to settings default is

pics per row - 3
rows per page - 3
show name [no]
sort by [unsorted]

i change it to
pics per row - 2
rows per page - 2
show name [yes]
sort by [first name]

that happens....
i use magic button, so when im done, i fully close the program... when i reopen (which takes quite a bit of time...) the settings are back to default.... there has to be a way to make it stick....

no dpad controls - once i open up pic dialer i would like to be able run through my contacts by using the up/down left/right controls and select a contact with the center button

when selecting a contact - it places a call, i would really like it if it were set up like the WM5 contacts, when you select a contact take me to a new screen where i can select which method i would like to contact this person.

opening pic dialer - as already mentioned, it takes a LONG time for the program to open (for the first time, if you dont fully close then it isnt bad) when i say long i mean close to 30 seconds, and yes, i do have it installed in main memory, on the phone... that is really just too long for me to wait every time i want to make a call...

using pic dialer - this was kinda touched on in the thread on ppcgeeks, about integrating the app in the soft keys... on the Today Screen the right key is "menu" is there any way to get Pic Dailer added in there? i would love it if it replaced "Contacts" in that menu but i would be fine if it just added another option in there for this contact list

i think thats enough for now... let me know if you need me to check something else, or change some settings on my phone to see if it makes a difference..
Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey, i have found a few things that arent quit right and some things i want to throw at you to consider, or see if it can be done...

when i open pic dialer, go to settings default is

pics per row - 3
rows per page - 3
show name [no]
sort by [unsorted]

i change it to
pics per row - 2
rows per page - 2
show name [yes]
sort by [first name]

that happens....
i use magic button, so when im done, i fully close the program... when i reopen (which takes quite a bit of time...) the settings are back to default.... there has to be a way to make it stick....
The settings default is that way on purpose, as is the non-persistence of settings - it's to encourage the user to register the program! If you keep the program running in the background instead of fully closing it (which is the recommended way of using the program, since it has a startup time), then the settings will remain in memory as you set them.
Quote:
no dpad controls - once i open up pic dialer i would like to be able run through my contacts by using the up/down left/right controls and select a contact with the center button
I may make that an alternate way of controlling it in the future. For the time being, I just tried to make it simple and require the touchscreen to dial. Of course, this screws smartphone users, so I'll be forced to do something about that eventually.
Quote:
when selecting a contact - it places a call, i would really like it if it were set up like the WM5 contacts, when you select a contact take me to a new screen where i can select which method i would like to contact this person.
If you HOLD on the contact picture, it'll pop up with a context menu with all their contact options (tel, text, email, etc)
Quote:
opening pic dialer - as already mentioned, it takes a LONG time for the program to open (for the first time, if you dont fully close then it isnt bad) when i say long i mean close to 30 seconds, and yes, i do have it installed in main memory, on the phone... that is really just too long for me to wait every time i want to make a call...
Which is why I recommend keeping it open. I'm not sure how big of an impact it has on memory, because although I keep mine open all the time I don't have that many other programs running in the background.

I have tried to tune the program to be pretty efficient when opening so that it'll be quick to re-activate and page through the contacts. It has a long startup time so that it can have much quicker in-app response time.
Quote:
using pic dialer - this was kinda touched on in the thread on ppcgeeks, about integrating the app in the soft keys... on the Today Screen the right key is "menu" is there any way to get Pic Dailer added in there? i would love it if it replaced "Contacts" in that menu but i would be fine if it just added another option in there for this contact list
I would love to figure out how to do this, but from what I understand, it'll take a lot of effort to figure out and doesn't really have that big of a benefit. It's on the todo list, but I don't know when I'll be able to implement it.
Quote:

i think thats enough for now... let me know if you need me to check something else, or change some settings on my phone to see if it makes a difference..
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
arp
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: tmn

arp is a n00b
I can't run at my wizard... have an error!

calomx@gmail.com
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks beta testers! I haven't gotten many problem reports so i'm going to assume everything is running fine.

I'll try and get a 1.0 final release by this weekend.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
just curious about the status of this. It sounds interesting and I would really like to give it a try. Thanks ZaijiaN for all the work you've put into it so far.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've had a couple of busy weeks, haven't had the time to polish it up - but it'll be out soon now!
Old 02-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Cool. That was a fast reply. Thanks for the update.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications