PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
nall attachments arent turned off, did u try in advanced mode? did it give u an error?
~mike

Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, technically attachments are enabled, however, when I tried to add one, it said the max length was one byte. Might take me a couple hundred thousand posts at that rate.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Lurker

jeffdiogenes is a n00b

Here is the registry hack for the softkeys on the today screen:

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST

To change the softkeys on the Today screen

The left-hand softkey settings are at 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\1 12', the right-hand softkey

settings are at 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\1 13'

The 'Default' string value can be changed to whatever text you wish to have displayed

The 'Open' string value can be changed to the program you wish to run when the softkey is pressed

For example, to change the left-hand softkey to start the Messaging program (text messages and emails) you would set:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2\(Default) = Messaging

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2\Open = \windows\tmail.exe
Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
That'd work for completely replacing the softkeys, I but I want to insert my program into the menu (right softkey), not completely replace them.

Hmmm...
Old 09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaijiaN
Well, technically attachments are enabled, however, when I tried to add one, it said the max length was one byte. Might take me a couple hundred thousand posts at that rate.
same here--I tried like 2 days ago to add a tiny file (kb in siize) and got the same error.

thoght I hit my limit again! Guess not.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Lurker

jeffdiogenes is a n00b
This guy might know how since he replaced my entire Right softkey with a "New" menu that is customizeable.

http://www.saman-cz.com/ppc/index.html

Maybe it's a lead maybe it's not, but hope it gives you an idea one way or another...

Personally very happy with my PicDial right softkey If I need one of those "Other" contacts I look them up on PocketBreeze's ContactBreeze, or fetch it from the built-in contacts.

Btw your idea of a context menu when holding down on a pic makes me a happy muppet. Thanks for what you have done sofar.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I updated it some more:

Quote:
ChangeLog
-----------------------
-0.85b
-standardized softkeys
-added context menu to pictures

-0.8b
-removed "Load All Contacts" option, always on
-optimized GUI drawing
-using WM5 SDK instead of unsafe native calls for phone dialing

-0.7b
-initial release
Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I adjusted the board upload limit the other day and may have entered the wrong value so I will check that. sorry and mala u know I raised ur board limit soooo u should know its not that.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaijiaN
That'd work for completely replacing the softkeys, I but I want to insert my program into the menu (right softkey), not completely replace them.

Hmmm...
That's going to be kinda hard. that right soft key on the 700wx is tied into the Phone app overlay.

Watch when the system boots and you'll see the real softkeys (phone and calendar) are "covered up" by Palm's app.

Palm's apps (there are 2) are a mishmash of .dll files and are actually registered as hidden TodayPlugins.

Not even WM5NewMenu (saman's app) will overwrite Palm's (I use his app but via a hardkey). He won't be able to help either...in fact no one at XDA will until the 750v comes out on Vodaphone in October. sorry!

Wideawake
: good to hear! I'll upload later. lol
Old 09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Here it is.

(Thanks to Wideawake for fixing the attachments issue)

Edit by Wideawake
Edited first post to reflect change log and attached newest version.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications