PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice to Text app?

I remember seeing a thread on here regarding a ripped Voice to text app from the Android devices. I can't find the thread, anyone have a link, or info? Thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Voice to Text app?

I'm not sure about one ripped from Android, but TellMe is what I know of.

Must have latest .net and WM 6.5 is preferred for it work fully!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIVJIQMZ

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

yes its Tellme ... ripped from Samsung Intrepid ... and it fully works on my 6.5 ROM ... just a little distorted pics but not bad at all. very handy while driving.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

elkinsn is a n00b

Hopefully, even though this question is old, someone will still see this... I tried installing both of these on my new TP2 (Sprint w/ MinMo 6.5) and it just sits there trying to figure out what I've said.

Question: How do I know if I have the latest .net installed? I don't see it called out specifically in any of the About/Device Information screens. I want to make sure I've got everything right before I give up and uninstall them.

Thanks!

Nathan
Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkinsn View Post

Question: How do I know if I have the latest .net installed? I don't see it called out specifically in any of the About/Device Information screens. I want to make sure I've got everything right before I give up and uninstall them.

Thanks!

Nathan
There are a couple of ways.....

Use a file Manager and look in the Device/Windows folder. If installed,you will see "Microsoft .Net CF 3.5"

Another way is go to Settings/System/Remove Programs and look for "Microsoft .Net CF 3.5" i your installed programs list......
Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

How do you text with this app? I have it installed.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
How do you text with this app? I have it installed.
Very Carefully, TellMe has issues getting the voice to text correct. And has issues with ambient noises.

If you want to text someone with TellMe.....

Open TellMe and tap the speak button, say text CA3SAR for example, when tellme pulls up the contact, tap the speak button again and say your message. Tellme will go through the transcribing and show what you said.

If the message is correct as you said it, tap the Edit button on the lower right, then tap Send on the lower left. The blue on screen send button does not work on WinMo....

You can also tell it to call a contact.......
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Lurker

elkinsn is a n00b

Nothing showing up on either approach so I guess I don't have it. I found a guy on another board who claims to have etracted the necessary files @ <3MB as opposed to the full-on M$ install @ 6.2MB. I'm joining the place now (WinMo@MoDaCo). BTW, is the latest version 3.5???
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

turn off volume balancing on the mic & speak off the side of the mic (on bottom L) 5 inches, don't yell..
Old 06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Lurker

elkinsn is a n00b

I installed the voice control, and while it shows up in the list of uninstallable programs, it doesn' show up under th Start menu o I don't see how to open it to adjust anything! It turns on when I hold down the Send button tho.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications