PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update to Preware

Pretty sure it is not an "easy" uninstall... Put you have to get the ipk basic theme and reload it via webos quick install.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
There is a remove button for themes that you have installed (listed in Installed Packages in Preware). Hitting the remove button removes the loaded theme. After the reboot it seems to revert back to how it was before loading the theme. It seems that my tweaks are all still in place. But I'll have to poke around more to confirm.

late,
Coz
So, just to be sure... You have installed a theme and successfully reverted back to the default icons and stuff?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yup all you so is uninstall it reverts back to the original theme.

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

this is great!... i knew being "root"-challenged wouldn't hold up too long!

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
So, just to be sure... You have installed a theme and successfully reverted back to the default icons and stuff?
Just un-installed the Blue Theme and my icons and dialer went back to how I had them before. Upon first glance everything else seems to be as I had it too.

But with anything, your actual mileage may vary.

late,
Coz
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Coz. I was going to just jump in head first like i always do, but i got hung up with a Pre sale. At least now i know i should be safe lol.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 PM
The Admin-Ninja

Trick is just uninstall reboot then reinstall so you don't lose the original theme. It forces you to do it that way.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

From what I've read the latest update to Preware which is 0.90 now allows you to update the package manager service OTA through Preware. No need to hook it up to a computer anymore. Woohoo!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
From what I've read the latest update to Preware which is 0.90 now allows you to update the package manager service OTA through Preware. No need to hook it up to a computer anymore. Woohoo!
Yep....it just keeps getting better and better!

late,
Coz
Old 09-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

definitely one inconvenience to forget about
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS