PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm centreo
Carrier: sprint

andreastansbury is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
palm centro, need help to reflash to sprint

Ok, I got a sprint palm centro that has been flashed to cricket. I contacted Sprint before I bought the phone to make sure I could use it. I told the person several times that it had been flashed to cricket they told me to get the DEC # and they could tell me if it could be activated.... well I did and they said it could... I bought the phone, and when I went to activate it and tried to make a call I get a message saying pocket communications not available (or something to that effect) so I get back on the sprint chat and spend about 3 hours trying to get it activated (telling the person atleast a couple of times that it had been flashed.) well they couldn't help me so I took it to the store... where I was told nothing could be done. they didn't even try I walked in and told the girl the situation and she said nothing could be done. then I got a responce from an email I had sent that suggested calling tech support... spent about 3 hours on that and yeah no help there either...

so my question is does anyone know how to flash a palm centro from cricket back to sprint and if so could you tell me how to do it? I had had a pixi, but it got lost, and I don't have the $100 deductable to replace it , and don't have a clue as to where it might have gonebest guess is my 4 year old took it out of the diaper bag to play angry birds and did something with it.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: centro

barndog is a n00b
Re: palm centro, need help to reflash to sprint

I would like the same question answered if any body knows?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I suggest you flash the shipped rom for Sprint for your device. Then if you still have issues I suggest you ask someone from Sprint for your MSL or use this app to retrieve it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...mogul-etc.html

Then dial ##786# then click on Menu at the bottom right.
Press Reset then OK and then enter your MSL. The phone will do a factory reset. Then you need to program your mobile number & MSID back in (##msl#) Then run Update Profile in Settings. That should do it.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ok...update. I took the phone to a place in town and they flashed it back to sprint for me. I can make calls and sent text messages... but no data :/ when I took the phone back in they told me to contact sprint... trouble shooting with sprint...no avail. sprint wants me to bring it in the store. here's the problem. the MSL sprint gives me does not work on the phone... the MSL that works is 000000 is there a way to reprogram the MSL? or am I probably just stuck with this phone with no data... cause I am afraid to take it into the store without it having the correct MSL... (I do know what the msl they were giving me when I have talked to them in the past...)
Old 09-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreastansbury
ok...update. I took the phone to a place in town and they flashed it back to sprint for me. I can make calls and sent text messages... but no data :/ when I took the phone back in they told me to contact sprint... trouble shooting with sprint...no avail. sprint wants me to bring it in the store. here's the problem. the MSL sprint gives me does not work on the phone... the MSL that works is 000000 is there a way to reprogram the MSL? or am I probably just stuck with this phone with no data... cause I am afraid to take it into the store without it having the correct MSL... (I do know what the msl they were giving me when I have talked to them in the past...)
Did you try what I suggested using the zeros msl?

Last edited by horndoctor; 09-14-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yeah several times both with sprint and on my own. when I try to connect I get a message that says 'update incomplete this device is not properly configured to work with visioning services. this application will try again later.' now if some one could tell me how to configure it that would be great
Old 09-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

oh and where do I get, how do I flash the rom that was shipped?
Old 09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Here is the only rom I could find:

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2...e/6012_en.html

This might help you:

http://m.bing.com/search/search.aspx...=0&HM=hXlBtprX
Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

going to work with that some...so far still not working though
Old 09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nope... guess I'll bite the bullet and take it in to the store sometime this weekend... thanks for your help though I really appeciate it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices