PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WeatherPanel Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Storage Card (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9844)

bentleysmom 10-12-2007 10:50 PM

Storage Card

Sorry for the newbie question (I did search first) .. can the theme and icon sets be stored on my SD card? Thanks!! :)

storyr 10-13-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentleysmom (Post 100847)
Sorry for the newbie question (I did search first) .. can the theme and icon sets be stored on my SD card? Thanks!! :)

A qualified "Yes, they can". Two ways:

1. If you've installed WeatherPanel to your storage card, you simply copy the theme and icon folders into the Storage Card\Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (or Icons) folder.

2. If WeatherPanel is installed to your main memory, then the theme or icon set will require a CAB install - which allows you to install to the storage card. In this case, WeatherPanel requires a registry entry to tell it to look somewhere else other than Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel in main memory.

UPDATE to #2. From KEN over at WeatherPanel.net:

Quote:

If you want to save some room, WP is hard coded to look for a folder called WeatherPanel in the root directory of your SD card. This folder can have two sub-folders, Themes and Icons. This allows you to store all your themes and icon sets on your storage card saving a lot of room in main memory.
Does that make any sense? :scratch:

bentleysmom 10-13-2007 08:57 PM

Yes, it does, thanks for the reply!! And thanks for all the great work you do!

storyr 10-14-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentleysmom (Post 101150)
Yes, it does, thanks for the reply!! And thanks for all the great work you do!

You're welcome!

On this same subject, I learned something new today from KEN over at WeatherPanel.net. Apparently, #2 above is not correct - it doesn't require a registry entry to store icons/themes on your storage card. According to KEN:

Quote:

If you want to save some room, WP is hard coded to look for a folder called WeatherPanel in the root directory of your SD card. This folder can have two sub-folders, Themes and Icons. This allows you to store all your themes and icon sets on your storage card saving a lot of room in main memory.

TReeSCHMoKiN 01-28-2008 05:39 PM

I cant seem to get this to work

I have WeatherPanel installed on my device and I tried moving the Icons to my card but they wont come up as choices in the settings menu

what is the exact location I should have the Icon folder ??? storagecard/program files/marsware.... or storagecard/weatherpanel ???

**EDIT**

figured it out like a second after I posted

in case anyone was having the same problem it is...StorageCard/WEATHERPANEL/ICONS

CozBoogie 01-28-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TReeSCHMoKiN (Post 171693)
I cant seem to get this to work

I have WeatherPanel installed on my device and I tried moving the Icons to my card but they wont come up as choices in the settings menu

what is the exact location I should have the Icon folder ??? storagecard/program files/marsware.... or storagecard/weatherpanel ???

If you simply moved the icons from your phone to your storage card you'll have to go into your registry and change the path.

The new path should look something like this:

\\\registry\HKCU\Software\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Ic ons

You'll need to ad a new value which should look like this:

\Storage Card\Program Files\UranusWare\GlassCandy icons\

The above may be differnet depending on how you have your icons saved to your storage card...but you get the idea.

Use something like Total Commander to get at the registry.

late,
Coz