PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WeatherPanel Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70187)

JoJoCal19 05-30-2009 02:38 PM

Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

Ive been using a BlackBerry but Im picking up a WinMo device and I want to either get the current gen Diamond or Touch Pro or wait to get the Diamond 2 or Touch Pro2. My question is whether Weatherpanel will work on the newer devices properly as it is now. Storyr Im sure you probably know the answer. Thanks always for the awesome work you do.

shaolinsoldier79 05-30-2009 09:37 PM

Re: Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

I cant say for sure, but i cant see a reason why it wouldnt. The only differance is the resolution right? If so then i would all be with the icons and layout file. as long as the icons are sized correctly. and the layout is put together right. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

storyr 05-31-2009 02:02 AM

Re: Will Weatherpanel Work on New WVGA Devices (Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2, etc.) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 (Post 944944)
Ive been using a BlackBerry but Im picking up a WinMo device and I want to either get the current gen Diamond or Touch Pro or wait to get the Diamond 2 or Touch Pro2. My question is whether Weatherpanel will work on the newer devices properly as it is now. Storyr Im sure you probably know the answer. Thanks always for the awesome work you do.

Yes, WeatherPanel works with WVGA. Use VGA themes and icons...

JoJoCal19 05-31-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyr (Post 945794)

Thanks storyr. I was curious whether the VGA themes and icons would work or if a theme would have to be made from scratch like for the Omnias weird resolution.

JoJoCal19 06-11-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyr (Post 945794)

Will it fit across the whole screen or will the icons be really small using the VGA icons on a WVGA?

storyr 06-12-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 (Post 968291)
Will it fit across the whole screen or will the icons be really small using the VGA icons on a WVGA?

Everything will fit fine. In the portrait orientation WVGA and VGA are the same width...

MBC1965 09-06-2009 07:59 AM

I have my TP2 now and I can say that it does work. However, the weather details page does not run the entire length of the screen. It's no big deal at all, but I thought I would mention it. Weather Panel lives on! :)

JZ* 09-06-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBC1965 (Post 1143801)
I have my TP2 now and I can say that it does work. However, the weather details page does not run the entire length of the screen. It's no big deal at all, but I thought I would mention it. Weather Panel lives on! :)

I installed it as well..still works great! The "length" is a tad short; I could see MS3 calendar on the bottom, but all I need to do was change the layout in MS3 by moving the calendar widget up a bit:)

WP is my favorite program...thanks agian for all your hard work storyr:headbang:

JoJoCal19 09-08-2009 03:05 PM

Thanks guys thats awesome to hear. Hopefully the skin floodgates open and WVGA optimized themes come out.

Storyr any chance you're working on new themes? I love your older ones.

storyr 09-09-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 (Post 1148812)
Storyr any chance you're working on new themes? I love your older ones.

I swore PhatPhinger would be my last. I suppose reformatting it for WVGA wouldn't be too much work...