PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[THEME] PhatPhinger II WQVGA (240x400) (Omnia)

PhatPhinger II WQVGA (240x400) - modified to fit WQVGA devices, such as the Samsung Omnia

-

Background
The WeatherPanel application, which is getting on in years, doesn't properly handle WQVGA devices - it gets confused and thinks they are VGA. This messes up the layouts and displays them jumbled and too large.

This redesigned PhatPhinger layout compensates for that by displaying everything at half it's normal size. So basically, WeatherPanel is still messed up. But, if you use this layout on your WQVGA device, it will work.
Notes:
  • This layout requires standard sized QVGA icons. Icons can be found HERE.
  • This theme doesn't fix WeatherPanel - the built-in themes will still not work on the Omnia.
  • Installation instructions can be found in the PhatPhinger II WQVGA Readme file (found inside the zip file).

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PhatPhinger II WQVGA.zip (151.3 KB, 1581 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 07-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: [THEME] PhatPhinger II WQVGA (240x400) (Omnia)

Included Layouts (number indicates pixel height):
  • Phat+48.wpl
  • Phat+114
  • Phat+130
  • Phat+146
  • Phat+146+clock
  • Phat+162
  • Phat+162+clock
  • Phat+200
  • Phat+220
  • Phat+220+clock
Popups:

Last edited by storyr; 12-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

carib909 is a n00b

What devices are WQVGA devices? I have the Mogul (PPC6800 or Titian) Which version works for the Mogul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
PhatPhinger II WQVGA (240x400) - modified to fit WQVGA devices, such as the Samsung Omnia

-

Background
The WeatherPanel application, which is getting on in years, doesn't properly handle WQVGA devices - it gets confused and thinks they are VGA. This messes up the layouts and displays them jumbled and too large.
This redesigned PhatPhinger layout compensates for that by displaying everything at half it's normal size. So basically, WeatherPanel is still messed up. But, if you use this layout on your WQVGA device, it will work.
Notes:
  • This layout requires standard sized QVGA icons. Icons can be found HERE.
  • This theme doesn't fix WeatherPanel - the built-in themes will still not work on the Omnia.
  • Although it's not absolutely necessary, try the attached modified WeatherPanel cab. I removed most of the VGA files from it, so it looks normal during the installation to WQVGA devices (such as the Omnia).
  • Installation instructions can be found in the PhatPhinger II WQVGA Readme file (found inside the zip file).
Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carib909 View Post
What devices are WQVGA devices? I have the Mogul (PPC6800 or Titian) Which version works for the Mogul?
Not this one. Your Mogul is QVGA (320x240). Check the download index for the WeatherPanel install, themes and icons...
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 AM
mbz
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Incite

mbz is a n00b

thank you so much i have been so frustrated trying to use phatphinger and also diamond themes. i got a lg incite and those do not display correctly, but yours does! great work!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

very nice storyr, the way that page flips is killer in second post. me like.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-09-2009 at 08:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

mckenph is just getting started

Works great until you look at the regular forcast and radar when you pres on the middle. They are huge and unreadable.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenph View Post
Works great until you look at the regular forcast and radar when you pres on the middle. They are huge and unreadable.
I didn't convert the internal layouts, but I did try to make this version of PhatPhinger so that you wouldn't see them. You say you're pressing in the middle - maybe I need to adjust something for full coverage...

There's no need to use them, as the skin itself covers everything (except compare)...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenph View Post
posts like this kill me, storyr bends over backwards to make this great app. work for all phones qvga, vga, ect. and pull it together for the omnia and some people post negative replys and are using the app, but dont even thank the op for his work. i have no problem with negative posts, some help the op fix things but still you dled the ops work. dont get it, sorry for the rant storyr, just think theres a problem with getting 400 dls from a post and 5 thankyous. i still want the page flipp setup for vga. lol
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i760

MikeDaGeek is a n00b

Thanks for the RANT Darren ... brought me out of lurker mode to say THANKS STORYR!

I just got an omnia ... loaded some of your prior work on it ...had issues with the display and figured ... "Damn... oh well, it was great while it lasted ..." only to find STORYR again is out there and taking care of us ... I have yet to run across what mckeph found ... but I'm out here if you need to run any mods under some ones nose and get feedback ...

Last edited by MikeDaGeek; 01-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes