PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Verizon Fascinate (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Phone and data (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138894)

thdrill 12-27-2010 10:21 PM

Phone and data

Sorry if this is a repost, but I wasn't able to find the answer in my search. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to allow data and voice at the same time on the Verizon Fascinate and if so how did you modify the phone to allow for it?

Thanks,

Paul

gTen 12-28-2010 12:03 AM

Re: Phone and data

Quote:

Originally Posted by thdrill (Post 2025207)
Sorry if this is a repost, but I wasn't able to find the answer in my search. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to allow data and voice at the same time on the Verizon Fascinate and if so how did you modify the phone to allow for it?

Thanks,

Paul

You can't its a limitation of US CDMA technology which is used by Verizon and Sprint...if you have a phone capable of 4g and 4g is in your area then you can do data over 4g (or over wifi) and voice over CDMA...

overall though your only alternative at the moment (since verizon does not have 4g and wifi may not be widely accessible) is to do voice over data aka VOIP but it can get choppy...

thdrill 12-28-2010 10:23 PM

Ok wasn't sure since I was able to modify my old HTC TouchPro to do both at the same time by modifying the registry.

gTen 12-29-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thdrill (Post 2025798)
Ok wasn't sure since I was able to modify my old HTC TouchPro to do both at the same time by modifying the registry.

Impossible...unless you either:

1) were using wifi for data

2) were on a GSM carrier and used a Touch Pro

4MUSKRAT 07-11-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2025866)
Impossible...unless you either:

1) were using wifi for data

2) were on a GSM carrier and used a Touch Pro

or a iphone.

Or you BUY/HAVE a HTC THUNDERBOLT(TB)

Its the radio that stops u from Talking & using Data @ the same time. Or atleast from what I have been told.

I do know that u can flash a TB 2 cricket & u can talk while surfing the web over 3G. Look on youtube

The TB is the FIRST & ONLY (at time of post 7/11/2011) CDMA PHONE THAT U CAN TALK & SURF 3G OR 4G AT SAME TIME

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gTen 07-11-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4MUSKRAT (Post 2126518)
or a iphone.

Or you BUY/HAVE a HTC THUNDERBOLT(TB)

Its the radio that stops u from Talking & using Data @ the same time. Or atleast from what I have been told.

I do know that u can flash a TB 2 cricket & u can talk while surfing the web over 3G. Look on youtube

The TB is the FIRST & ONLY (at time of post 7/11/2011) CDMA PHONE THAT U CAN TALK & SURF 3G OR 4G AT SAME TIME

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

As long as the phone supports 1x advanced it can do talk and surf at same time...the problem lies in the network..so all 2nd gen qualcomm based phones should theoretically be able to do it as long as the network they are on allows it..

eenieMINI 07-25-2011 12:01 PM

You can swap your fascinate for free and get a Droid Charge (4g), just call customer service and tell them about the missed calls issue... they don't even hesitate. The current offer is to swap for a Droid Charge, Droid Inc2, or DroidX2... all free no hassle. I opted for the Inc2 just because the dang Charge is too large!

Anywho.... get the Charge and you have 4g and you can do your voice/data thingie... to be on topic.