PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Verizon Fascinate

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Signal strength?

How good is your signal strength? My almost always sits at -96 or -101db which means usually one or two bars are showing. This is much worse than my Droid which usually gave me three or four in the same areas. I have found that the fascinate has call quality issues in areas my Droid did not also.

Any one else notice this behavior?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-27-2010, 03:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Signal strength?

epic isnt so great either if it helps ya feel better. i can put any wm device next to it and all wm phones are better but sprint sent me free airwave so im not as unhappy.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
epic isnt so great either if it helps ya feel better. i can put any wm device next to it and all wm phones are better but sprint sent me free airwave so im not as unhappy.
No, unfortunately it doesn't. Not sure I can keep a phone that has these issues since I live in an area where signal is not great most of the time.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
No, unfortunately it doesn't. Not sure I can keep a phone that has these issues since I live in an area where signal is not great most of the time.
The radio chipset should be the same as the Droid aka the Qualcomm QSC6085.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-27-2010, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The radio chipset should be the same as the Droid aka the Qualcomm QSC6085.
Hmm. I'll have to look in to that. However, I do notice a distinct difference.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Even with the same chipset, the antenna configuration may have an impact.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

havent looked at any numbers but i can receive and make calls with the Fascinate places i couldnt with my TP. now i can actually use my phone in all of my house instead of at the front door and the kitchen. so far, no problems and calls sound fine.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910 Samsung Omnia

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley

Just a hair better than the TP2 was.

At home, it is much better, as in I can make and place calls from anywhere in the house. With the TP2 I had no service in my livingroom. At the office, still pretty much no service.

On a side note, I wonder how WiFi affects service. At the office, their is an "N" access point about 5-6 feet behind me, and at home in the living room, their is one directly below me in the basement.

CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
How good is your signal strength? My almost always sits at -96 or -101db which means usually one or two bars are showing. This is much worse than my Droid which usually gave me three or four in the same areas. I have found that the fascinate has call quality issues in areas my Droid did not also.

Any one else notice this behavior?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmseeley View Post

On a side note, I wonder how WiFi affects service. At the office, their is an "N" access point about 5-6 feet behind me, and at home in the living room, their is one directly below me in the basement.

CMS
IT doesn't..WIFI is on 2.4ghz band and 5ghz band..CDMA is 800 and 1900 MHz bands...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

The signal reporting is a bug as far as I know and is planned to be fixed with an upcoming update (DJ05), along with a bunch of other issues. With DI01, the signal reporting is off and will only display up to -86dBm or something like that, but with the update, it's reporting better and also the bars seem to display more accurately.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Verizon Fascinate