PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Verizon Fascinate

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dividebyzero is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fascinate

Just unboxed it. My last phone was a touch pro (original). Seems like I'm the first one here unless I'm in the wrong place.

I love the phone so far. Can't wait to see what is coming from the professionals around here.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Fascinate

welcome!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I saw the phone today @ BB ( real phone) and is slick and sexy... cant wait to get that unlock screen in my phone.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just saw a Verizon ad on TV. It said if you buy a Fascinate, you get ANY other phone that Verizon sells for free. They said it multiple times and emphasized ANY too.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You are correct. Here's the story from CNET:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20015785-17.html
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850

gunkle is a n00b
Picked one up for my wife yesterday. We were offered any device they sell. Even a netbook or wireless card. Had no need for a third line on my bill though. She upgraded from the Dare. I recently went from the touch pro to the droid X. My pro is now running xdandroid 2.2 and psfreedom. Her Dare is a paper weight.
My first impression was this phone is too iphone like in looks. Once I ditched the stock launcher for launcher pro plus and loaded dolphin hd browser I'm impressed. Can even access some flash stuff my droid x on 2.1 can't. (though the X is running 2.2 now and all is good). Gonna wait till there is a good recovery option before rooting this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkle View Post
Picked one up for my wife yesterday. We were offered any device they sell. Even a netbook or wireless card. Had no need for a third line on my bill though. She upgraded from the Dare. I recently went from the touch pro to the droid X. My pro is now running xdandroid 2.2 and psfreedom. Her Dare is a paper weight.
My first impression was this phone is too iphone like in looks. Once I ditched the stock launcher for launcher pro plus and loaded dolphin hd browser I'm impressed. Can even access some flash stuff my droid x on 2.1 can't. (though the X is running 2.2 now and all is good). Gonna wait till there is a good recovery option before rooting this.

Generally the rooting option out now is pretty safe...but I would at least wait for a 1 click root option.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850

gunkle is a n00b
I'm not too worried about the rooting method as much as what I might mes up afterwords. The adb method is straight forward enough I like to have a restore option so I can really play a with it and be able to unbrick. Something like a .sbf or rom manager backup
Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

I'm really likin' the Fascinate so far. I'm going to start looking for some new Live Wallpapers and see if there is anything more interesting out there for it.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Just saw a Verizon ad on TV. It said if you buy a Fascinate, you get ANY other phone that Verizon sells for free. They said it multiple times and emphasized ANY too.
yeah but that requires a new line also.

single ugly guys like me don't benefit lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Verizon Fascinate