PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telenor

Vermis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Homeclock without weather?

Trying to find a fix for my TP2 with WM6.5/Manila 2.1. Problem is I don't use the weather since I have a better solution from a local provider... and I have disabeled the 2.1 weather tab, but the home screen clock still shows me that I had sun 4 weeks ago... and it annoys me! (Not just because we have had rain since then.)

So, question is: Is there a CAB or a registry fix which removes the weather from the clock? I already tried

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\Weather.EnableCurrentLoca tion 0

but it didn't work. Help!

EDIT: Found a database file and deleted it... worked

Last edited by Vermis; 11-30-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Homeclock without weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermis View Post
Trying to find a fix for my TP2 with WM6.5/Manila 2.1. Problem is I don't use the weather since I have a better solution from a local provider... and I have disabeled the 2.1 weather tab, but the home screen clock still shows me that I had sun 4 weeks ago... and it annoys me! (Not just because we have had rain since then.)

So, question is: Is there a CAB or a registry fix which removes the weather from the clock? I already tried

Can you post your solution?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermis View Post

What database file?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I/ve tried findin what OP was talking about but no sucess...

TIA
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I have no desire to remove my weather. However the Database file that I believe the OP was referring to is located in:

Application Data > HTC >databases > forecast_cache

You could try deleting that and see if your weather goes bye bye!

Then I guess you would make sure you set it to manual update only.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 12-07-2009 at 04:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I have no desire to remove my weather. However the Database file that I believe the OP was referring to is located in:

Application Data > HTC >databases > forecast_cache

You could try deleting that and see if your weather goes bye bye!

Then I guess you would make sure you set it to manual update only.
Funny you replied back because I was about to message or leave a post in one of your threads and/or Pegasus threads since it seems like you two know the most about Sense manila....

I had already tried what you stated Santod with file explorer and Total commander but both shot back with an error saying that it cant be deleted.....
Thanks for the quick reply though.......

Pskyi's 6.5 rom builds on the TP has made it absolutely impossible to go back to 6.1....

he cooked in the compact home screen customization and it's the best thing since sliced bread to me....LOL

And unless I missed something in all of the custom 6.5 threads, all of them running 6.5 are running Sense 2.1/2.5....

I've tried diggin within the manila registry and thought a cpl of them would disable it but to no avail.....

Google searched and nothing has popped up that was relevant yet....

I've been using Pegasus clear home tab with one of your clear clocks with outline on mightys rom and so far this is my only nuisance....

I'm about to update to Mike's newest and see if that will matter any as far as getting the error of not being able to delete it.....
After that I try seeing if Peg, MM, or even Psyki would have any ideas....
I guess if I find out there isn't a way, I'll just have to adapt.....

Even if there was a way to just get rid of the sun, moon, or clouds and just leave the temp there I'd be A OK....
I have a pic of my lady and kids and the weather picture blocks of the wifey's head....LOL
I was thinking about getting a pic with them in front of a lake or sumthing and focusing there heads on the lower part of the picture so they all fit on the home tab....

Last edited by MinLo; 12-07-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:52 AM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Funny you should mention Pegasus. I just got done sending him an email regarding his beautiful theme he is working on!

Anyway, I'm sure, with some time involved, I could make each of the animations transparent, however if the OP has an easier solution, it would be great if they would post their findings.

I will do a little digging around and see what I can find. There is probably a registry setting involved as well.

Did you turn off HTC Sense and My Location before trying to delete the file?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:52 AM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
Funny you replied back because I was about to message or leave a post in one of your threads and/or Pegasus threads since it seems like you two know the most about Sense manila....

I had already tried what you stated Santod with file explorer and Total commander but both shot back with an error saying that it cant be deleted.....
Thanks for the quick reply though.......

Pskyi's 6.5 rom builds on the TP has made it absolutely impossible to go back to 6.1....

he cooked in the compact home screen customization and it's the best thing since sliced bread to me....LOL

And unless I missed something in all of the custom 6.5 threads, all of them running 6.5 are running Sense 2.1/2.5....

I've tried diggin within the manila registry and thought a cpl of them would disable it but to no avail.....

Google searched and nothing has popped up that was relevant yet....

I've been using Pegasus clear home tab with one of your clear clocks with outline on mightys rom and so far this is my only nuisance....

I'm about to update to Mike's newest and see if that will matter any as far as getting the error of not being able to delete it.....
After that I try seeing if Peg, MM, or even Psyki would have any ideas....
I guess if I find out there isn't a way, I'll just have to adapt.....

Even if there was a way to just get rid of the sun, moon, or clouds and just leave the temp there I'd be A OK....
I have a pic of my lady and kids and the weather picture blocks of the wifey's head....LOL
I was thinking about getting a pic with them in front of a lake or sumthing and focusing there heads on the lower part of the picture so they all fit on the home tab....

with TC you would probably hav to disable sense first then try to delete it.
Just sent you a pm and you beat me by a few seconds with you reply Santod
Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 AM
"MODS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post

Haha! Beat ya to it Peg! Just kiddin! Check your E-Mail.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Funny you should mention Pegasus. I just got done sending him an email regarding his beautiful theme he is working on!

Anyway, I'm sure, with some time involved, I could make each of the animations transparent, however if the OP has an easier solution, it would be great if they would post their findings.

I will do a little digging around and see what I can find. There is probably a registry setting involved as well.

Did you turn off HTC Sense and My Location before trying to delete the file?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
I didn't...I'll try now and I bet it'll work.....

ROFL.....You guys are both here now!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software