PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW TELENAV Sprint Navigation

so any updates on the members who did the file changes? it's been a acouple of months since the thread was started. ppcgeekers that did this tweak 2 months ago, any of you get an "account expired" message from telenav? because i had this problem when i had the bb tour. used a tweak to use telenav and after 2 weeks, both telenav and sprint nav was asking me to pay for the service.

seems like the "drive to" option is not working even with the cab fix. not really a big deal breaker for me but it would be nice if it was working. but over all, i just want to get confirmation (if i can) from everyone that since making the file changes, you have had no problems with the nav system as a whole. really eager to get DomSim's cab installed on my phone.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

unitmonster is just getting started

I have a problem similar to some others in this thread, but I have spent hours on this and still have not been able to resolve the issue.

I have a sprint everything data plan that includes unlimited sprint nav. I used the program on my touch pro without issue. I received my tp2 less than a week ago and immediately flashed a custom rom (caulkin 21888, 2.5....great rom). When I tried to setup gps through various sprintnav cabs, it would work immediately upon install (after entering my name and email addy), but if I close the program down and then launch, it will ask me to subscribe on either a daily or monthly basis. If I attempt to subscribe, I receive messages that either state sprintnav is not available or my purchase is not valid. I am not able to proceed. If I attempt to use telenav, I receive the "...expired, please call telenav..." message. I since flashdanced and re-loaded the stock rom and had the same problem. The sprintnav tab worked the first time I tried it, and after that it asked me to pay and won't allow me to proceed (even if I agree to pay). I should also note my wife is on a samsung moment android phone and her sprintnav works fine, so this issue is specific to my phone (or phone line).

I have seen that if I go into the sprintnav folder and delete the "preferences" file, I can then launch the program and it will ask me for my name, etc. (like a fresh install) and then I can use it one time (until I close it out). Then a new preferences file is created and I have the same issue. If I am desperate at least I can force a way into using the program, but obviously the constant process of deleting a file, logging back in as a first time user, etc. is not ideal.

I looked up my acct at the my.telenav.com website, changed my pin (didn't help) and while on the site I found an account history that shows my last "purchase" ending in mid January. It seems that the way telenav works with Sprint, sprint customers are viewed as month to month telenav customers and there must be some type of communication between the companies to provide the ongoing service. As one might imagine, when I called telenav they told me my acct was expired and I need to contact sprint to re-activate. When I contacted sprint, they told me that doesn't make sense and that they are going to open a trouble ticket and have an engineer check cell towers in my area because it sounds like the towers are not communicating with telenav (yeah, like that is the problem...what a waste of time).

I know this is very loooooong but I was trying to provide as much detail as possible to see if anyone has been through this and can point me in the right direction. My guess is someone at telenav or sprint needs to do something for me, but they don't know what that is. Maybe someone here can tell me what to tell them

Any help is appreciated...thanks.

Last edited by unitmonster; 01-31-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had the same problem with sprint nav on my bb tour (right before i bought my tp2). you have to get a certain level tech support to get a rep to somehow scratch at the surface of your problem. have you tried taking it back to the sprint store to have the store rep have the tech side look into it? if you do go that route, hold off on re-flashing into another rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
N00b

It appears my problems were not hardware or software related. It was an issue between sprint and telenav. I had to push for a conference call between the two parties and they were able to work together to resolve the issue. Telenav now shows my account as "active" as opposed to "expired" and as soon as I saw that on their website, I was able to use navigation again. I basically threatened to leave sprint which got me to their retentions department, and it was a person in that dept who was willing to call telenav directly. Just an FYI if anyone else runs into the issue. It sounded like this problem can happen from time to time when someone gets a new phone for their line.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
It appears my problems were not hardware or software related. It was an issue between sprint and telenav. I had to push for a conference call between the two parties and they were able to work together to resolve the issue. Telenav now shows my account as "active" as opposed to "expired" and as soon as I saw that on their website, I was able to use navigation again. I basically threatened to leave sprint which got me to their retentions department, and it was a person in that dept who was willing to call telenav directly. Just an FYI if anyone else runs into the issue. It sounded like this problem can happen from time to time when someone gets a new phone for their line.
hi unitmonster,
did they ever let you know why the account would expire every now and then? if it's because of a phone upgrade/change, it sounds like a matter of one company not updating your account with the other company.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

LGCubana is a n00b

When I first got my TP2 I was able to use the Sprint Nav without charge on the first day that i tried the app. A week later when I tried to use it again I was greeted by the pop up screen with the payment options. Leads me to believe that (like any good pusher) the first taste is free.

From what unitmonnster describes, I don't believe that his navigation account was activated and whenever he got the pop up screen to pay he would flush out the settings for the app; inadvertantly fooling Sprint Nav into thinking that this was the first time that it was being used.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
N00b

On my touchpro I used navigation for a year without any problems. Apparently the telenav site has our acct specific to a phone, so when you receive a new phone on an existing acct, the two sides (sprint and then telenav) have to update or refresh the acct info so that you can use the app on the new phone. From what i can tell, telenav was never updated by sprint, so when I tried to use the service on the new phone it would not work. I actually had someone from Sprint call me yesterday on the issue and I explained that I had coordinated the conference call and it was working again. He confirmed for me that this happens sometimes when people get a new phone. He said what he would have done was emailed telenav to explain my acct should be active and that would have resolved it.

I agree that the first time use of the app seems to be free. For me, it would not work the entire first day, just the first login. After that it would ask for payment. Removing the "preferences" file from the sprintnav folder seemed to trick the program into letting me use it again (one time only).
Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I'm having the same issue... What I was told by Sprint after 8 reps and 3 tech support phone calls between today and yesterday is that TeleNav is the preferred version of navigation for the TP2 via the "TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab" so as to why the other version "Sprint_Navigation 2_1_40_0.cab" is even available for download was unknown by any sprint tech I talked to, they said that's not even listed on their site for the TP2...

So the one main thing I'm left unknown to is why did I get an email 5 minutes after my resolution phone call to TeleNav for them to reactivate my "expired" account, saying that "Your service is extended to 2010-05-04" so I guess it's one more phone call to TeleNav to explain that email, even though Sprint said disregard it because they sent me a download link to the TeleNav navigation and said that was their version not TeleNav's "although it almost reads the same exact install file"... Oh well, I guess this issue is semi-taken care of minus a few unanswered questions that hopefully we can figure out..

TeleNav's navigation file - TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.24.cab <~~ what you will find if you look
Sprints navigation file - TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab <~~ what the sprint rep sent me

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 02-04-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

2sunscrew is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2sunscrew is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2sunscrew is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22
I'm having the same issue... What I was told by Sprint after 8 reps and 3 tech support phone calls between today and yesterday is that TeleNav is the preferred version of navigation for the TP2 via the "TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab" so as to why the other version "Sprint_Navigation 2_1_40_0.cab" is even available for download was unknown by any sprint tech I talked to, they said that's not even listed on their site for the TP2...

So the one main thing I'm left unknown to is why did I get an email 5 minutes after my resolution phone call to TeleNav for them to reactivate my "expired" account, saying that "Your service is extended to 2010-05-04" so I guess it's one more phone call to TeleNav to explain that email, even though Sprint said disregard it because they sent me a download link to the TeleNav navigation and said that was their version not TeleNav's "although it almost reads the same exact install file"... Oh well, I guess this issue is semi-taken care of minus a few unanswered questions that hopefully we can figure out..

TeleNav's navigation file - TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.24.cab <~~ what you will find if you look
Sprints navigation file - TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab <~~ what the sprint rep sent me
v.18 is for tp1 and v.24 is for tp2... go to ota.telenav.com and see for yourself
Old 02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunscrew View Post
this is the updated telenav navigation v5.5.24 for the Touch Pro 2 which will replace stock sprint navigation. you should have your 4 digit pin # before installing telenav or it wont let you complete installation. for those of you who dont know how to get your pin #, open sprint navigation, more, about and my account info. enjoy
YOur 4 digit pin number for sprint/telenav is the last 4 of your phone number

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
navigation, sprint, telenav