PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Like to See More or My Work?
Yes 404 94.39%
No 3 0.70%
Dont' Care 21 4.91%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd HOME} ★MANILA 2.1/2.5★ Help/Q&A/Links + Links to MY HowTo's/Customizati

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddt View Post
I have some Manila 2.5 features questions (particularly when used on top of WM 6.5!):
sorry it took me so long to reply. missed the message somehow.

Quote:
SOFTWARE:
Contact Groups:
As I hinted at before I have a million contacts to manage and the single most compelling feature about WinMo 6.5 for me is the ability to use Contact Groups. Is this new feature well integrated into the People/Contacts interface of SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
If it is not, is there some other free & recommended 3rd party program that will let me group contacts for SMS or Email?
yea contact groups are built into Manila.....

Quote:
Search/Copy+Paste:
Likewise for searching info within contacts in order to add them into groups - has Search been improved in 6.5 and is it better integrated into SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
And within a contact card, though the new HTC interface looks nice, I can't find a way to copy/paste the information there - I use this feature all the time to txt a contact's phone or address to another person - what's the best way to grab and send that info in SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
don't think that's possible...

Quote:
Facebook:
Another compelling feature of SenseUI/TouchFlo3D is the linkage of a Contact with a corresponding Facebook profile. I REALLY WANT THIS FEATURE. However, pre-upgrade this feature is a major disappointment - all it can do is add a photo and birthday, and in fact I tested it and the birthday part is broken. It has an Updates & Events section within the contact card, but Facebook info (which info I wonder?) does not update there at all. All it can do is update the photo. LAME! It should pull phone & email from Facebook, and current status too!
Has this been fixed in the 6.5 update? If not, is there some other free & recommended 3rd party program that will let me integrate like this?
a fbook tab has been added to mainla, but thats about it..the facebook integration with manila allows the contact pic to update auto when friend changes it. you can view status and photos, and you can also upload photos directly from htc album to facebook.. i use that all the time...

Quote:
Calendar/Contact Syncing:
What is the best way to do this? Ideally wirelessly with Gmail & Facebook, rather than having to plug it in and sync with Outlook via the USB cable.
i use windows live to get my email, then ms my phone to get everything else

Quote:
Voicemail:
Is there any way to restore those Voice Mail Buttons (on the Treo 700wx it was under Today->Speed Dial Options->Voicemail->Menu->Edit->Advanced)? That feature makes flying through VM so much faster! Maybe it comes with a package (if it exists) to restore Picture Speed Dial?
you can press and hold 1 on keypad to bring up voicemail...

Quote:
TP2 vs Treo Pro:
Keyboard & Word Completion:
Damn I really miss the Treo700wx keyboard - Treo Pro is slightly too small & TP2 is slightly too large for my hands. The Treo Pro has excellent word completion however (configurable under Setting->Input->Word Completion), this really enables me to type faster on the Pro. The TP2 does NOT have this feature though! Also slowing me down on the TP2, or rather missing from the SenseUI/TouchFlo3D interface is the lack of 1-Letter Shortcuts to jump to commonly used program names or items in long menus.
Is there any free & recommended 3rd party program that will provide word completion or 1-Letter Shortcuts on the TP2? Maybe there is an updated virtual keyboard for SenseUI/TouchFlo3D that features this?

From all these feature requests you can guess - I'd jump to WebOS or Android or even iPhone in a heartbeat, if I wasn't so attached to SERO on Sprint

Any further advice and links to the appropriate ROMs or CABS would be very much appreciated!
xt9 is loaded on my ROM. it provides word completion feature..

Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

quickdraw62 is a n00b
Re: {BiGnAdAd HOME} ★MANILA 2.1/2.5★ Help/Q&A/Links + Links to MY HowTo's/Customizati

Tried installing this on my Verizon HTC TP2 Rhodium. After reboot the icons didn't show up. Tried going to All settings to uninstall it and All settings was no longer available.

Isn't this for the htc tp2?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw62 View Post
Tried installing this on my Verizon HTC TP2 Rhodium. After reboot the icons didn't show up. Tried going to All settings to uninstall it and All settings was no longer available.

Isn't this for the htc tp2?
what are you trying to install?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

quickdraw62 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
what are you trying to install?
The BiGnAdAd Blue CDMA-GSM Dusk Taskbar w Matching Battery.cab

EDIT: I am on WinMo 6.5 Manila 2.5. Sorry, wrong forum. I can continue on the other forum if you like.

Last edited by quickdraw62; 06-22-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

nma305 is a n00b

Please i need help downloading this Big max sense rom. Can someone give me the link to the rom cuz the one i get from this thread does not work i keep getting a unknown publisher message i click run anyway and nothing happens after that. I have updated my phone before I have might rom on my phone now i got there rom update from there website and had no problems. Please let me know if i am doing something wrong.also i downloaded that win zip crap and i get a a list of about 7 or items is it normal
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon, HTC Trophy, Windows 7.5
Carrier: Verizon

Clem2 is becoming a great contributor

I had WM 6.1 on my Sprint TP2. the USB port failed and sprint replaced my phone for me, no charge, cool huh? I thought so...........

The problem is that the new TP2 has WM 6.5 on it and I can't get the HTC sms client to go away! I want to use the native WM sms client (threaded)

I want to disable the HTC sms client and only allow WM sms. I can't find a way to do it in sense 2.5/2012

Can I change from sense 2.5, back to 2.1, in the stock sprint WM 6.5?

Does anyone know of a way I can do this without flashing a different ROM?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TMobile

DennisS is a n00b

Most awesome put together, especially for those of us without your obvious knowledge. I have TMobiles HTC TP2 "Rhodium" were would that place me in the manila realm. How can I get the digital clock and Home icon on my phone were it never was and I'm just realizing its missing. Hate to bother but you're incredible with this.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch on Boost
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IOReCKI is just getting started

can someone link me to the original sense 2.5 or the original slider please....
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us cellular

sco919 is a n00b

So umm yea how do you install it? I wish to kno how to put it on my
HTC tp2. Please be Descriptive about the information.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software