PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free Sprint Navigation!

Ok, I've seen a lot of "free" sprint navigation that involves using the trial period or having a simply everything plan but I figured out a way to use free sprint navigation without any of those a while back while I was using the TP.... I haven't tried it in the TP2 since I can't anymore but it might work.

To make things short I used to have the TP and one day I decided to use sprint's navigation, when it asked me to log in I used my sisters in law account information (username ******@sprintpcs.com; password: ******). To my surprise I was able to use her sprint account on my sprint's navigation for as long as she was a sprint user. When she canceled her account I lost the privilege.

Now I'm not saying you should do this; This information is for instructional purposes only. Do not steal a service; if you feel the need to have it then you should pay for the service. But if you were to know a friend who has the simply everything plan or is paying for sprint navigation you could use the sprint navigation for free without that account having to pay extra fees. I don't know if it stills work since like i said I can't try anymore, but it's worth a try for those of you who can.

I searched for this around and couldn't find this anywhere and since I haven't contributed that much in here I thought this could help a few...

Last edited by gxip; 11-01-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Free Sprint Navigation!

I'd be scared of getting caught and losing all of my SERO accounts.

I decided to just install iGO8 and use google maps... that pretty much has me covered.

Thanks for the effort, but I won't be trying your method.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i had a weird experience with that one. it happened a while ago so i'm a little fuzzy on the details but i just made up a name and put it in the login screen. i know telenav keeps track of your contacts on your account and i'm not entirely sure how it happened but somehow it loaded someone elses contact list. they were definitely people i did not know... and NO i didn't try anything with it.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That title is a little misleading and not really anything groundbreaking.....You know you can get free software to if you use someone elses acivation codes......
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

lol, unethical... always fun I guess. TomTom works for me
Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Lol, yeah personally I always used iGO8 but it was fun to know that I could use sprint navigation for free. I had it for about a year (maybe since I barely used it they didn't notice?).
Quote:
That title is a little misleading and not really anything groundbreaking.....You know you can get free software to if you use someone elses acivation codes......
Anyway sorry if the title is misleading but it's just some information that people should be aware of. Also, doing this does give you free sprint navigation. If you care to try it or not its up to you and you run the consequences of your actions. I'm merely sharing an experience that I thought could be useful for some(like it was for me), not in anyway near "groundbreaking" hehe. I really did not know I could get free software by doing that btw, I felt it was weird actually that sprint would allow this in a software that connects to the internet (which they could easily monitor to prevent this). I mean 2 accounts running in different phones: why would it even ask for a username and passwod instead of doing it by itself? It's like they want people to do it.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, if you dont mind entering name and email everytime you login to sprint navigation, i figured a way to get it for free on the TP/TP2.
after a hard-reset, open Sprint Nav and you will be prompted for name and email and lets you in without any prompts...even if you dont have a plan that includes it. but you MUST exit the app from the HTC Task manager. Then when you start it again, the same thing will happen in an endless loop...as long as you end the app by htc task manager...works for me everytime.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

really i just type fgs fds or some stuff. my phone no is automaticly filled in and i just enter garble in for the name. even 1 letter in each box will work.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I just get the everything plan... my wife and I have everything and with my corporate discount, I only pay slightly over 100 bucks with insurance on both phones. I get to use EVERYTHING... unless I try to use something not included in the everything plan. lol.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software