PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
locking/unlocking programs and battery consumption

i was wondering if i could get sum people to tell me about ehir experiences with their locking/unlocking programs...such as, which ones youve used with success...im interested in knowing which ones use the least about of battery power, least amount of memory/ram...so on and so forth...any input wiould be greatly appreciated

specifically programs being used with the touch pro 2
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: locking/unlocking programs and battery consumption

The two big ones are S2U2 and PocketShield

Both are very good but I think S2U2 may use more battery...at least if not configured correctly.

I'm just trying PocketShield now and so far really like it, but have no firm stance on battery life yet. With PocketShield, if you don't use the Enhanced Notification and/or Phone dialer sections, it saves on memory usage, which is nice.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for ps, very skinnable also. s2 is still alittle rough on battery.
http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/ its on sale. lol

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-28-2009 at 12:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

PocketShield is a great app. It will do a lot better in sales when they include the pin unlocking that they are working on, for those who must have a pin.

BOO B)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I notice a difference in battery when i use S2U2. Drains faster and just to note i have all the settings set right to get battery life out of it. Pocket Shield really doesn't impact battery.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I use S2U2, and yeah I noticed a drain on battery. Ive heard people using a 2.05 beta are getting better results, but I don't mind. I generally have a charger handy And I hear PS is kind of complicated, so I didnt bother
Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Pocketshield, great battery life, S2U2 sucks up the battery, was never able to figure out what settings worked best for good battery life, but it is a great app other than that. I never found PS complicated at all.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

+1 for Pocketshield...Used to use S2U2 but switched to PS after have my TP for a few months. Have been using PS since day one on the TP2 and havent had any issues with battery or functionality.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software