PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apps ran THRU manila to show on TF3D tabs...

Here's one that I have not seen or not been able to do. Was wondering if there is a way to...

-utilize Nitrogen (or any 3rd party music player) THRU the music tab of TF3D

-utilize Weather Panel and the radar app directly thru the weather tab of TF3D.*

-utilize a different browser thru the internet tab of TF3D instead of Opera perhaps Skyfire or PIE

*able to do this with MTP however, I ended up with an extra "Today Screen" on the end of the tabs of TF3d. I was not able to hide that tab.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Apps ran THRU manila to show on TF3D tabs...

It would have to be done through a custom ROM. You just can't make that massive of a tweak.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T
Threadstarter

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I understand that...that's why I was asking. Considering that TF3D is only a GUI laid out on top of WinMo.

There is more to it than skinning the app, laying it on manila, make sure the paths are correct..right??

I'm first looking for any app that MIGHT already to this...OR...anyone able to point the way to look for the process to do this...OR...maybe a chef might pick up on this thread and actually cook it into their ROM.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

As you said, it is more difficult than just skiinning the app. What you said was editing the actual tabs. That would need a chef. However, as has already been done, you can create a new tab to add to manilla. Not sure how its done, but some put Titanium as a tab in manila. To actually edit the files would need you to flash a new ROM.

In short you can either get a new ROM, or someone can create a new tab with what you want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software