PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xx8josh9xx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx8josh9xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx8josh9xx
Question Noobs Help

Is there anyway i can backup my phone, or is this already done??? i have all my contacts and music backed up but i would like to try a lot of these themes and software on these forums, i have been reading them about 12 hrs a day for the past 2-3 days...but if i F up my phone is there a way to do a full reset back to factory settings or anything like that?? im just scared to mess up my phone....Thanks for any advise.....

Sprint - Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Noobs Help

Yes, you can do what is called a hard reset. That will restore the phone, to stock factory settings. It will also wipe out everything else you have saved on the phone. So save anything important, before doing a hard reset.

How to reset Sprint HTC Touch PRO2?

Instructions for reset option for Sprint HTC Touch PRO2

Soft reset:
1. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button at the right panel of your device.

2. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Hard Reset:
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your device, and only Windows MobileĀ® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
  1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3.Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset
Hard Reset – alternate way
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

look up spb backup, pim backup or microsofts myphone. all have the capability to save your texts, contacts, & appointments.
SPB backup will make an executable backup so your phone would be the same after a hard reset. The trial version allows a few complete backups before having to buy.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Noobs Help

I use sprite backup and it works really well. If you want a tip on Sprite backup, PM me before you buy it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software