PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [IDEA] / [APP REQUEST] Zoom2Unlock (Z2U) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90625)

afripino 10-14-2009 11:16 AM

[IDEA] / [APP REQUEST] Zoom2Unlock (Z2U)

From the name, you should get the gist of what I'm thinking about. I think it would be pretty cool to use the Zoom Bar as a S2U-like mechanism to unlock the phone from a lock screen. We would essentially gain the screen real estate of the existing slide bar area for S2U.

Anybody else think this would be decent?

Major_Nate 10-15-2009 11:18 PM

Re: [IDEA] / [APP REQUEST] Zoom2Unlock (Z2U)

Quote:

Originally Posted by afripino (Post 1237118)
From the name, you should get the gist of what I'm thinking about. I think it would be pretty cool to use the Zoom Bar as a S2U-like mechanism to unlock the phone from a lock screen. We would essentially gain the screen real estate of the existing slide bar area for S2U.

Anybody else think this would be decent?

This sounds like an excellent idea! Wish I knew how to make it happen, tho. But yes! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

You could also slide from right to left on the home screen and lock the device, while sliding from left to right will unlock it. (Just a thought)

Ranger093 10-16-2009 01:14 AM

Great Idea!

Laos101 10-16-2009 06:37 AM

Doesn't sound too difficult of a challenge, someone just needs to open up Opera and see how the zoombar ticks, then apply it into a simple unlocking application.

Jmz 10-16-2009 06:21 PM

I can try to do something for it. I just need to know if anybody knows where the api is for it, if that is what i need. But the general idea isn't that hard.

Merdinh 10-16-2009 08:55 PM

I like the idea.

amw1972 10-16-2009 09:30 PM

bump to this...

I LIKE IT

Edwood 10-17-2009 01:48 AM

There was a similar app for the Touch Pro called TouchLockPro. It utilized the Capacitive touch area. Problem was that it was a massive battery hog, and didn't work all that well.

Nice thing about utilizing the Zoom strip is that it's capacitive, so it won't be activated accidentally in a case or pocket.

savage25rcracer 10-17-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood (Post 1242158)
There was a similar app for the Touch Pro called TouchLockPro. It utilized the Capacitive touch area. Problem was that it was a massive battery hog, and didn't work all that well.

Nice thing about utilizing the Zoom strip is that it's capacitive, so it won't be activated accidentally in a case or pocket.

the zoom strip is actually part of the screen and is not capacitive. try to zoom with the stylus and seen and even go into notepad and try to draw with it. and even try to zoom in opera while touching the screen.

Edwood 10-17-2009 03:00 PM

Ah, nevermind then. Zoom to Unlock would be pointless. Would be more difficult that Slide to Unlock.