PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation
Threadstarter

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Navizon

There is the one time cost of buying the premium version which you can use 10000 points to buy. I have never paid a dime to them. I only have been paid. Just a note. You probably will need wifi turned on the before running the software for the first time. Otherwise it won't detect the wifi. You only have to do this once. Also I suggest you turn the power setting in navizon up all the way so wifi is always on for best logging. Also change update location time from 15s to some really big number like 548715.

Last edited by drewcam888; 11-25-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Navizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
There is the one time cost of buying the premium version which you can use 10000 points to buy. I have never paid a dime to them. I only have been paid. Just a note. You probably will need wifi turned on the before running the software for the first time. Otherwise it won't detect the wifi. You only have to do this once. Also I suggest you turn the power setting in navizon up all the way so wifi is always on for best logging. Also change update location time from 15s to some really big number like 548715.
When I go to settings>GPS, it says NO GPS (Navizon Virtual GPS). Is this right? I also can't see anything on the "view coverage in my area" link on Navizon.com. I just get a google map that says Parsing XML... but it never displays any "coverage"

Also, with Navizon running, can I put my TP2 to sleep with the backlight button? OR must it be on all the time?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Navizon working on TP2 without Cell Tower Location

select com port 4 on the TP2.. the coverage map loads very very slowly sometimes. I have not tested ways to turn the phone off. I suggest you use something to just blank the screen since turning off normally turn gps and wifi off. I used to use blackme but I don't know if it run on the TP2. I use cameraware buddy to set wifi scan time. I normally use 2 seconds or so on TP2 since it is fast. If you use buddy on the mogul it would allow you to push power button and gps and wifi would stay on. But its abilities change from phone to phone. I have yet to test this on the TP2. I have only had this phone 2 days so I have to figure these things soon.

Last edited by drewcam888; 11-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
select com port 4 on the TP2.. the coverage map loads very very slowly sometimes. I have not tested ways to turn the phone off. I suggest you use something to just blank the screen since turning off normally turn gps and wifi off. I use cameraware buddy to set wifi scan time. I normally use 2 seconds or so on TP2 since it is fast. Id you use buddy on the mogul it would allow you to push power button and gps and wifi would stay on. But its abilities change from phone to phone. I have yet to test this on the TP2.
I also take it that from the title of this thread, Cell Tower location never works for us? So at most, we can only get 1 or 2 points for WiFi Access Points?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

correct but 90% of my points are wifi since there are so many more compared to cell towers. I still need to test using the gsm sim side in navizon but initally it looks like it may not work either.

Last edited by drewcam888; 11-25-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

I have confirmed the gsm mode doesn't work with 3.5.2.6 for sure. Upon starting navizon the radio loses signal and then reaquires. My guess is this crash is why navizon doesn't see the gsm radio. Since all gsm phones work with navizon I was thinking this was our only near term solution for cell location on the TP2 since CDMA has issues.
Has anyone tested any other versions of navizon with the TP2 in gsm mode?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

did you get it running wolf??
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

Doing this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=15 and using camerabuddy allows you to use navizon and then suspend the phone to save on some battery
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

I've tried running this and every time I do it kills my data connection and I get the annoying pop-up screen saying so. I cannot re-enable my data connection unless I soft reset. Any idea what's happening here? I would like to try this program out.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

What version are you running? What is your carrier?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software