PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [FIX] Drive To on Contacts Menu (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89379)

hankbear 10-07-2009 07:24 PM

[FIX] Drive To on Contacts Menu

2 Attachment(s)
I am guessing a lot of people don't use Sprint Navigator, but since it is included in my Everything Data plan, I tend to use it a lot. At least, I did before getting my Touch Pro 2. The reason I used it so much was that in the regular contacts app, you could open up a contact, hit Menu, and choose Drive To, Map It, or Business Search, so it was really easy and didn't require typing or speaking the address.

For some reason, the new Touch Pro 2 from Sprint does not have this configured by default. I am sure that if I loaded TeleNav or could find the version of Sprint Navigator that is on the Sprint Touch Pro 2 to reload, the installation would add those menu options. However, I can't do any of that, and wouldn't want to take the hit by having an extra copy of Sprint Navigator loaded on top of the one already there.

So, I dug around and found out the dll responsible for those menu options was TeleNavPlugin.dll, which is on the Sprint Touch Pro 2. I then was able to discover the registry entries that load it up, and they were on my old Touch Pro, but not my Touch Pro 2. So, I made a .reg file as well as a .cab, which are included, below.

Standard disclaimers apply, and it has only been tested with Sprint Navigator on a Sprint Touch Pro 2, but I am confident it will work for any navigation software based off TeleNav, including TeleNav, itself, on any Windows Mobile device.

Enjoy!

P.S. Since custom ROMs can now be loaded, one thing to note is that this fix only works for 6.1 ROMs, not 6.5 or 6.5.1. I'll update when/if I come up with a solution, though!

maderacr 11-07-2009 11:58 PM

Re: [FIX] Drive To on Contacts Menu

Thanks for the fix, it worked.

abodamer 11-18-2009 11:14 AM

hmmmm. not working on wm6.5 CFAY ROM

hankbear 11-18-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abodamer (Post 1340064)
hmmmm. not working on wm6.5 CFAY ROM

And, unfortunately, it doesn't work on any 6.5.1 ROM, either. I hope to be able to dedicate some time soon to finding a solution for 6.5.1. If I get 6.5.1 figured out, it should not be all that difficult to work out a solution for 6.5.

Dirxque2 11-18-2009 01:48 PM

I installed the .cab and soft reset, but it didn't take. I'm on the stock 6.1. What am I doing wrong?

hankbear 11-18-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirxque2 (Post 1340585)
I installed the .cab and soft reset, but it didn't take. I'm on the stock 6.1. What am I doing wrong?

Be sure you are in the Windows Mobile Contacts application and also choose a contact that has an address.

The right-hand menu should show the "Drive To" option on it.

djqwikcut 11-29-2009 11:27 PM

Can someone point me to where on the TP2 (stock) is the windows mobile contact program? I click on the one in ALL PROGRAMS and SINCE I have installed pocket informant, it brings that up instead..

Thanks...

coolwhip1220 12-16-2009 12:36 AM

Bump to see if anyone has a working solution for wm6.5.xx

stas333 02-07-2010 09:20 PM

worked great on TP2 sprint stock rom. now if there was a way to ave that menu in the tf3d...

cititechs 03-05-2010 08:12 PM

Still no word on 6.5 ? Id really like to have this feature working again.