PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

vne147 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PhoneFusion Questions

Hello everybody. I just bought my first WM phone about a week ago in the form of a Verizon TP2 and found this forum shortly thereafter. So far I'm really liking the phone and I've been reading up on various threads here and on xda to try and get up to speed. Anyway, my issue is this:

I just setup a PhoneFusion account so I could avoid paying Verizon the $3 a month fee for their Visual Voicemail. PhoneFusion is working great but I still have a few questions.

1. When I receive a voicemail, there is a sound notification but there is no notification displayed on my Today screen. How can I make a notification show up on the Today screen just as it would if I was still using Verizon's VVM?

2. When I receive a voicemail, the PhoneFusion application is automatically launched. Instead I would like to manually launch it when I'm ready to view the voicemail. Or even better (assuming #1 is correctable) launch it by tapping the now absent voicemail notification on my Today screen.

I hope I have clearly communicated my questions. If anyone knows how to remedy these issues or even if you could just send me in the right direction by pointing me toward some registry edits that might help, it would be much appreciated. I apologize if I've posted in the wrong forum or if this issue has already been covered. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b
Re: PhoneFusion Questions

I still haven't been able to figure this out. I guess no one else so far knows the answer either. I'm not looking for a set of step by step instructions on how to fix this or anything, maybe just some guidance from the informed members here on where to start, what they would look at first, etc.

So far I've been able to find the registry key in HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications that specifies what sounds to play when a voicemail is received. I'm guessing (please let me know if I'm totally off base here) that when a voicemail is received, some status flag in the OS gets set. Then, the value of this registry key is one of the things that gets looked at. What should also be looked at (once again I'm guessing) is some registry key somewhere that tells the OS what executable to run as well as what to display on the Today screen. The executable file for the visual voicemail client that gets executed when a voicemail is received is called "FVMPlus.exe". I would have thought there would be some registry key somewhere that specified this executable as the one to run upon receiving a voicemail but searching the registry for "*FVMPlus.exe*" yielded nothing. I'm kind of at the limits of my knowledge here and don't really know what else I should try.

So, am I going about this all wrong? Is this how you would go about trying to solve this problem? Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vne147 View Post
I still haven't been able to figure this out. I guess no one else so far knows the answer either. I'm not looking for a set of step by step instructions on how to fix this or anything, maybe just some guidance from the informed members here on where to start, what they would look at first, etc.

So far I've been able to find the registry key in HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications that specifies what sounds to play when a voicemail is received. I'm guessing (please let me know if I'm totally off base here) that when a voicemail is received, some status flag in the OS gets set. Then, the value of this registry key is one of the things that gets looked at. What should also be looked at (once again I'm guessing) is some registry key somewhere that tells the OS what executable to run as well as what to display on the Today screen. The executable file for the visual voicemail client that gets executed when a voicemail is received is called "FVMPlus.exe". I would have thought there would be some registry key somewhere that specified this executable as the one to run upon receiving a voicemail but searching the registry for "*FVMPlus.exe*" yielded nothing. I'm kind of at the limits of my knowledge here and don't really know what else I should try.

So, am I going about this all wrong? Is this how you would go about trying to solve this problem? Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
I just signed up for this service and will be looking at ways to integrate this. Its a good solution, especially when VVM is $3 a month. Not sure when I will have an answer but lets see how far we can get.

Steve
Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i have phone fusion working. do you have the show all selected? I to am getting no notification only the program launching.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

is that part of the programs design or is there supposed to be some for of notification implemented, LED light...something on the notification bar...SMS sent...anything?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

if this is not allowed i will happily remove it. but i found an updated version on xda, havent tested it yet though
Attached Files
File Type: cab PF_VMPLUS_2.2.cab (208.0 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b

I've been making a little progress on this.

I have succeeded in preventing the FVMPlus application from launching when a voicemail is received by doing the following:

In the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ directory I renamed the FVMPlus.lnk file to FVMPlus_bak.lnk. I didn't want to totally delete it because I wasn't sure if it would break anything. Now since it's renamed, what ever it was that was starting the FVMPlus application upon receiving a voicemail won't find the .lnk file it's looking for so the application does not get started.

Next, in order to make the FVMPlus application still work when executed manually from the start menu I changed the value of the HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\3\Path registry key to \Program Files\FVMPlus\FVMPlus.exe. I have that application in slot 3 of my start menu (i.e. left column 2nd row). You may have to change the 3 accordingly.

I also found the registry key responsible for making the new voicemail notification pop up on the Today screen. It is HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Coun t.
Changing the value from 0 to 1 or greater makes the notification for unread voicemail pop up on the today screen.

Now I'm trying to figure out where the OS is told what to do when the unread voicemail notification on the today screen is tapped. If I can find that and assuming it's in the registry somewhere, I can change the action from, call *86 to run FVMPlis.exe. In theory, I could also add something to make it change the value of the HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Coun t registry key to 0 so the voicemail notification would go away after tapping it on the today screen.

I'm also trying to figure out how the phone is told from the network that there is a new voicemail waiting. There has to be some registry key somewhere that does this otherwise the FVMPlus application wouldn't know to launch automatically when a new voicemail arrives.

Once I figure the last two things out, I think I can come up with a workaround. Then maybe I can generate a .cab for people to use in the future when changing to PhoneFusion.

Anymore ideas anyone?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
if this is not allowed i will happily remove it. but i found an updated version on xda, havent tested it yet though
Version 2.3 dated 9/15/2009 is the latest version. Once you sign up for PhoneFusion and are logged into your account, go to Voicemail Plus Options > Voicemail > Fusion Voicemail Plus Destinations. Then click the button "Send Link" that should be next to your cell phone number. That will send a link to the .cab file of the lastest version.

Last edited by vne147; 10-07-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Multiple
Carrier: Multiple

PhoneFusion is a n00b

The application is designed to receive a text message that arrives in a special format that tells the application a new message has arived and needs to be downloaded.

The application should run ONE TIME and then be left in the background (don't close it) where it will display a new message notification if you get a new one, but it won't launch every time a new message comes in because it's running.

It does not currently integrate with the today/home screen.

If you prevent application from launching when a text message comes in then you will have to manually sync the application. The application can only access the text message when it comes in, it can not access the inbox for text messages.

We do not reccommend that you modify the registry entries for the application.

I hope that answers all of your questions.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneFusion View Post
The application is designed to receive a text message that arrives in a special format that tells the application a new message has arived and needs to be downloaded.
By "the application" do you mean the FVMPlus.exe application?

Also, does this mean that I get charged for a text message by my carrier everytime I get a voicemail?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software