PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: PhoneFusion Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneFusion View Post
The application is designed to receive a text message that arrives in a special format that tells the application a new message has arived and needs to be downloaded.

The application should run ONE TIME and then be left in the background (don't close it) where it will display a new message notification if you get a new one, but it won't launch every time a new message comes in because it's running.

It does not currently integrate with the today/home screen.

If you prevent application from launching when a text message comes in then you will have to manually sync the application. The application can only access the text message when it comes in, it can not access the inbox for text messages.

We do not reccommend that you modify the registry entries for the application.

I hope that answers all of your questions.
this is something i don't agree with. The application should not have to be left running in the backround. When i had phone fusion before i did not have to have it running all the time, it would open up as i received a new voicemail. Now it does open up when i recieve the voicemail but it doesn't download the message until i press sync. I think a notification should pop up instead of the program opening up imho and it definitely shouldn't have to be left in the running programs menu.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this is something i don't agree with. The application should not have to be left running in the backround. When i had phone fusion before i did not have to have it running all the time, it would open up as i received a new voicemail. Now it does open up when i recieve the voicemail but it doesn't download the message until i press sync. I think a notification should pop up instead of the program opening up imho and it definitely shouldn't have to be left in the running programs menu.
I agree. I have never before had to manually start the application (assuming the application to which the previous post refers is FVMPlus.exe) and it still launched on it's own when I recieved a voicemail. If the application must be running in the background for it to show up when a new voicemail is recieved and if I don't manually start it then wouldn't FVMPlus.lnk have to be in the \Windows\Startup directory because it isn't on my phone.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

So folks on Sprint, you are paying the .020 a minute for the call forward or were you able to get them to do so for free. I remember using YouMail for a long time but paying like 30 -60 bucks per month in forwarding charges, which that got to be not worth it.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
So folks on Sprint, you are paying the .020 a minute for the call forward or were you able to get them to do so for free. I remember using YouMail for a long time but paying like 30 -60 bucks per month in forwarding charges, which that got to be not worth it.
i had my account set up with phone fusion for over a year and for some reason the way they set it up i don't get charged. I have been unable to duplicate this on any of my other accounts or my gf's account, so everyone should be paying .20 a minute.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

yeah that is what I figured. I've tried many times to get that dang thing waived and they wont. The best I was able to do was with retentions, is get a $15.00 + 25% discount each month to help off set it, but it still costed too much to justify.

I really wish they would do it for free like VZW does.

Last edited by appzattak; 10-07-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Multiple
Carrier: Multiple

PhoneFusion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vne147 View Post
By "the application" do you mean the FVMPlus.exe application?

Also, does this mean that I get charged for a text message by my carrier everytime I get a voicemail?
Yes and yes.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Lurker

PhoneFusion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
If you don't leave it running it needs to start each time you get a message, that's how it works. You can close it, it's just going to take longer and interrupt whatever you are doing because of the way WM works if the app is not running.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker

PhoneFusion is a n00b

Quote:
yeah that is what I figured. I've tried many times to get that dang thing waived and they wont. The best I was able to do was with retentions, is get a 25% $15.00 + 25% discount each month to help off set it, but it still costed too much to justify.

We've heard various things. Sometimes they will waive it if you escalate high enough or just get lucky. You could always try the 'I'm going to port my number and cancel my account' route.. Which I guess you did with limited success. We don't have very many Sprint user because of this and we warn every Sprint user up front.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
yeah that is what I figured. I've tried many times to get that dang thing waived and they wont. The best I was able to do was with retentions, is get a 25% $15.00 + 25% discount each month to help off set it, but it still costed too much to justify.

i agree. Or they should at least off the option for 3.99 like vz does.

Quote:
If you don't leave it running it needs to start each time you get a message, that's how it works. You can close it, it's just going to take longer and interrupt whatever you are doing because of the way WM works if the app is not running.
oh, ok. thats what i figured.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b

Quote:
So where is it specified that when this specially formatted text message arrives, FVMPlus should be executed? Is it in the registry somewhere? Is the argument contained in the text? Other?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software