PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC wifi sharing

Does the HTC wifi access point cab work for tp2? I was looking at some threads and it seems like it might add into the comm manager etc? Will that break the tp2's slightly different setup? Which version the plain ole one w/o comm manager integration?

Thank you

Last edited by solarflarex; 10-03-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: HTC wifi sharing

In my Verizon TP2, the comm manager version didn't work but the standard version works just fine.

I still much prefer WMIfirouter which also works perfectly.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Cool thanks! What is the one you used? From xda original post?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

The one I found last month offers itself up as a peer-to-peer connection, not an access point. One of our laptops is a corporate one and will only connect to an access point, not a peer-to-peer. Would love to see one that really is running as an multi-node access point.

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 194 views) Click for barcode!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 10-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

i like the htc one to share my verizon 3g as a wifi hotspot, but my question is this within the term of service (allowed)? and if not do they know if your doing it?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
The one I found last month offers itself up as a peer-to-peer connection, not an access point. One of our laptops is a corporate one and will only connect to an access point, not a peer-to-peer. Would love to see one that really is running as an multi-node access point.

thanks
I just installed this and typed in the password for my Ipod touch and BAM................connected.

Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!

Used to be so good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software