PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you Know Manila Editing Was So Easy?????
Yes - Been doing it for A While 16 17.20%
No - But i Do Now 77 82.80%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
{How To} Edit your TF3D Manila Images to Have Exactly the Design You Want

This post will show you how to change any image files on your TouchFlo 3D Interface. All icons you see, dotted lines, bars, shading, backgrounds, Almost Everything can be manipulated.

i had my touch pro for 1 and a half years, and i got the new touch pro 2 the day it came out.
i am with verizon wireless so that is what phone i am testing all of this out on. i dont think the carrier matters when your working with manila files, but i could be wrong. the reason i say that is because i have found many sprint icons in my images folder.

i really like things exactly how i want them, and this is the absolute best way to do it.
i wish there was a reference sheet showing what all the manila files were so it would make a little more since, but its still the way to go to really customize your interface.

It was a little tricky to get the home screen the way i wanted it. i had to hard reset a couple of times because once you install some of these cabs, they will not remove. but, it wasn't that bad....

i recommend a transparent clock. the photoshop files i have setup are transparent, but i guess you could really make them whatever you wanted...
Also, i have not written many instructions, so be kind. just ask questions if i missed something.

These are the manila cab's i have installed. (all located on PPCgeeks or XDA) google it
CMYLXGOs. 2.5.Slider.Icons.and.Transparent.Slider.cab
No Curtains.cab
Personalizer_3.1.cab
Spike's_ MicNeo_TaskBar_Varient_3_v2_MIGHTYMIKE_CDMA_FIX.ca b
CMYLXGOs.Outline.v2.Transparent.Flip.Clock.cab
C07 VZW Logo Remove.cab

**Note on Cabs i have installed
i usually like to know what a cab is installing on my device. what i usually do is open the cab with "WinCE CAB Manager"
this is a free tool that lets you browse the contents of the CAB File. you can see manila files, registry edits, and another files that are there. you can fine the program by googling it. Its a FREE download.
Before Installing "manila editing cab's" i will usually open the cab and get all the manila files, then edit them myself by doing the following HowTo.

DO NOT INSTALL (BG For All Pages WVGA.cab)
WHEN I INSTALLED THIS ON MY VERIZON TP2 IT GAVE ME THE "0 MISSED CALL" PROBLEM AND ALSO MESSED UP LANDSCAPE ALIGNMENT ON HOME PAGE

***TO GET TRUE BACKGROUND FOR ALL PAGES DOWNLOAD HDWALL****
YOU ALSO CAN MANIPULATE A HD IMAGES TO MAKE PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE WALLPAPER.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503511

I. Getting Setup

a. Get the Manila Editor i attached to second post. CFC GUI 0.55.25

b. Make a folder on desktop and extract manila editor to that folder (Use winzip/winrar)

c. Make a folder called TP2 Files, images and working (you can name these what you like)

Get the manila files off of tp2

a. connect your tp2 via activesync, browse contents of device and navigate to the root folder then to windows folder. BE PATIENT it will take a minute or two because of all the system files. once it opens, set your view to details, and sort by "Type". scroll down until you see the type "File". you will then see the file names that look like this *******_manila (pictured below)

b. click the first manila file you see. use your scroll to scroll down to the last manila file you see. press and hold the shift key and click that last file with you mouse. this should select all manila files on your device. should be around 1200.

c. now copy those selected files (DO NOT CUT) and place them in the folder on the desktop. in the tp2 files folder.

**now we have all our manila files from our phone on our desktop. lets go ahead and retrieve all images from manila files.

II. Extact PNG's from Manila Files

a. open cfc_gui.exe

b. Program will ask what directory you want to use. browse to folder with extracted manila files.

d. now click the Tools , select export to PNG's

now browse to the images folder created and all the image files from the manila will be there. i usually broswe through this folder to find what i want.

III. How to use the manila editor to update PNG Files
okay, here is what i have open to do this quick and easy (dual monitors is helpful)
-manila editor
-windows explorer (opened to manila folder created, contains program, images, and all manila files)
-adobe photoshop CS4

a. with the manila editor open with all the files showing you can see that you have the manila file name, friendly name (if available), and size.

b. lets find the clock numbers. scroll down just a little ways till you see the heading "Home\vga" (make sure your view is set to "by manila name"

c. you can see the friendly names (012, 9, 678, 345)

d. click on 012

e. click the save as button on right, under image

f. save this file to the working folder we created, save it as 012-backup.png

g. now that png can be opened in photoshop to edit

** im not going to get into details of photoshop because it would take a lot of time. just ask any questions you might have. i am supplying the psd files, so hopefully most is already setup. well at least for the clocks.
h. once the png has been edited in photoshop, save as a png file in our working folder.

-dont save at 012-backup.png - save as 012.png

i. now with the updated png, we can go back the the manila editor

j. with the 012.qtc still highlighted, click replace with button

k. find the updated png, click ok, and now you see the updated image.

l. Click the "to device" button to send to windows directory on device (has to be connected via activesync)
THE CFC PROGRAM WILL AUTOMATICALLY STOP TF3D, COPY THE FILE, THEN RESTART TF3D!!!! WOW

****IF THAT DOES NOT WORK DO THE FOLLOWING****

m. now navigate to the tp2 files folder with all our manila's

n. you can set the view to detail and sort by date modfied (this will make it easier to find)

o. you will now need to match the manila file names from the manila editor to ensure you get the correct one. for example 012.qtc is 1c813f6c_manila. since you just edited it, it should be at the top of the list. as you can see above

*Before the next step disable TF3D. goto all settings...personal.....today....items.....uncheck TouchFLO 3D then press ok to actually stop it.

p. then copy that manila file from our tp2 files and paste in then windows directory on your tp2.

q. now you can reactivate touchflo 3d. and check out the changes.

ALWAYS TRY AND MAKE A BACKUP. YOU MIGHT WANT TO MAKE A BACK UP OF ALL IMAGES ONCE YOU EXTRACT. THAT WAY YOU CAN ALWAYS REPLACE WITH THE ORIGINAL IF YOU HAVE A MISTAKE.

IV. Photoshop Hints

*you might get a error with the text and it will want you to do a font substitution.
no big deal. just pick a font you want
*keep it inside the guides!!! but try and get as close as you can to make it all even across.
*use your vert/hort Scale, as circled below, to fit the number just right!

****PSD FILES HERE*****
http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/tp2/012.psd
http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/tp2/345.psd
http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/tp2/678.psd
http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/tp2/9.psd

Last edited by bignadad; 10-13-2009 at 04:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 22 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Anyone interested in photoshop files to make own clock using Manila Editor?

***REMOVE WEATHER 4 DAY FORECAST BACKGROUND***
Just got my 4 day weather background removed. not sure if anyone else needs, but ill post.

change 79753b46_manila. just open in photoshop and change fill opacity to 0%!

Make Your Mail Envelope Transparent
See this post for files http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=36

Attached Files
File Type: zip cfc-gui-only-0.55.25.zip (478.4 KB, 452 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bignadad; 11-20-2009 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

I'm intrested!

Also, where can I find manilla editor?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i'd like to do the same thing as well. the psd files and some instructions would be much appreciated
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

+1 on files and instructions. been trying to figure out how to do this for a while.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Brief how to here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86461
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

ive read and searched but cannot find what the specific clock files are. and help?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Sounds great...like to give it a shot. Looking forward to the .psd and other info you might provide.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Re: How to Edit you Images in Photoshop using a Manila Editor

thanks guys, maybe i will give it a shot myself
Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Re: How to Edit you Images in Photoshop using a Manila Editor

just updated my slider. there 2 manila files for each slider icon. one small for the bottom bar and one is large for the big preview that comes up when you hold your finger on it.

i edited all the slider icons and even made my slider tab a little smaller.
i also still get the regular icon as i slide back and forth, not the letter

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software