PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
ROM Pimper
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

cmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cmylxgo Send a message via MSN to cmylxgo Send a message via Yahoo to cmylxgo
CMYLXGO's Pimped Out tsowens taskbar3v1.5 [Alpha 1]

I've been running a modifed version of this taskbar since day 1 of my TouchPro2. Today I felt the need to implement more mods to the taskbar and I am running into some very strange issues. I am looking for some people that are willing to test this cab and report their findings. The two items I am having issues with is the start button icon and the active sync incons. Please see the image below for what they are supposed to look like.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS CAB UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND ARE NOT WORRIED IF YOU HAVE TO HARD RESET YOUR PHONE

I have installed and uninstalled the attached cab several times without any issues...other than the fact that I am not getting the correct images.

SPRINT USERS ONLY!

Last edited by cmylxgo; 09-24-2009 at 02:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
ROM Pimper
Threadstarter

cmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to cmylxgo Send a message via MSN to cmylxgo Send a message via Yahoo to cmylxgo
Re: CMYLXGO's Pimped Out tsowens taskbar3v1.5 [Alpha 1]

Sprint users only for now please.

-CMYLXGO
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

mind if i look at your dll's and see if i cant figure out the problem?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
ROM Pimper
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
mind if i look at your dll's and see if i cant figure out the problem?
Go ahead...i think its an issue with everything I have installed. When I install it I get my old icons from the first version i made. I do a complete uninstall soft-reset and then install the new cab and the new icons dont show. If i do a full uninstall and then just manually copy over shellres.192.dll and reset I get the icons.

Also, I noticed that the start icon looks all jacked up on my phone...not sure why yet either
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

cmylxgo if Yay can't figure it out I will have a look as well once I get home too. Question in your cab are you telling it to install into the /Windows directory? Also what size are you using for your start icon?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

you have the created bmp or png for the start icon?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Retired Staff

here is the problem with the start icon
32 x 32 (1 colors) - Ordinal name: 292

seems like its being compressed in the group...

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 09-24-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
ROM Pimper
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
cmylxgo if Yay can't figure it out I will have a look as well once I get home too. Question in your cab are you telling it to install into the /Windows directory? Also what size are you using for your start icon?
Yes...all I did was take your cab and extract the shellres.192.dll, unsign the dll and edit images 270-292. Save and re-sign and drop back into cab with install location as windows and save as a different name.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Okay pimp few things here, one you had both the shellres.192.dll and the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui the 0409.mui is only for the Diamond so took that out, also you had the old HTCVolumcontrol.dll so updated that for you. Also for your start icon you still had some dead space in there so I took that out and changed the dimensions to 41x36 verses 41x41. I didn't have the original file so I used the image already in the taskbar. Have to make sure once your finished with the image you autocrop it so it comes out exact or you have extra space in there. As you can see from above everything should be working now. I attached the version I corrected and also here is the HTCVolumecontrol. I already cabbed it for you but here it is as well. If I had the original source file for your start icon I could edit it some more.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 AM
ROM Pimper
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post

Okay pimp few things here, one you had both the shellres.192.dll and the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui the 0409.mui is only for the Diamond so took that out, also you had the old HTCVolumcontrol.dll so updated that for you. Also for your start icon you still had some dead space in there so I took that out and changed the dimensions to 41x36 verses 41x41. I didn't have the original file so I used the image already in the taskbar. Have to make sure once your finished with the image you autocrop it so it comes out exact or you have extra space in there. As you can see from above everything should be working now. I attached the version I corrected and also here is the HTCVolumecontrol. I already cabbed it for you but here it is as well. If I had the original source file for your start icon I could edit it some more.
Wow! Thanks I learned something new today...did not know that the 0409.mui is for the Diamond only. Also, I noticed that I had to make the image 41x36 or it distorted it. The resource said it was 41x41 so I stretch the image and then dropped it into a 41x41 frame.

I'll try and fix the start icon and if I have any troubles I'll hit you up

-CMYLXGO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software