PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Facebook and TomTom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86657)

touch_rules 09-22-2009 09:38 PM

Facebook and TomTom

I have searched high and low, used google, used the ppcgeeks search bar, and even went page by page but I still can't find what I'm looking for. :scratch:

Does anyone have a good working facebook cab they are willing to share. I installed my old one from my diamond and scrolling is painfully slow.

Also, I have read pretty extensively on this but I have not seen anyone say..."this definitely fixed the problem".....How can I make TomTom go in real time, not really slow and way behind my actual driving? ](*,)

Thanks everyone in advance. Loving my new TP2. I still need to sell my diamond though. :(

ufjason 09-24-2009 02:13 PM

Re: Facebook and TomTom

The facebook cab is freely available. You can navigate using IE mobile or opera to www.windowsmobile.com/facebook to download it directly to your device/memory card. Don't know about TomTom but you can use bing to navigate with the unlocked gps, it doesn't talk but does a pretty good job of getting you places.

tgmuhammad 09-30-2009 12:30 PM

Why don't you use Sprint Navigator? It's already on your phone, works in real time, shows traffic jams and alternate routes to avoid them, you can choose fastest route, avoid expressways, use streets only, etc. It has 3D maps, route summary's, 2D maps, and it talks to you to let you know when to turn, etc.

imnuts 09-30-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgmuhammad (Post 1204242)
Why don't you use Sprint Navigator? It's already on your phone, works in real time, shows traffic jams and alternate routes to avoid them, you can choose fastest route, avoid expressways, use streets only, etc. It has 3D maps, route summary's, 2D maps, and it talks to you to let you know when to turn, etc.

If you already own TomTom for windows mobile, I don't see any reason to pay a monthly fee to use Sprint's program. As for the Facebook app, the latest version is 1.0.0.7, which has basically been available since release. It is slow to scroll if you're trying to drag and scroll, not sure why. If you use the scroll bar though, it works fine, which is what I do when using it.

tgmuhammad 09-30-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 1204261)
If you already own TomTom for windows mobile, I don't see any reason to pay a monthly fee to use Sprint's program. As for the Facebook app, the latest version is 1.0.0.7, which has basically been available since release. It is slow to scroll if you're trying to drag and scroll, not sure why. If you use the scroll bar though, it works fine, which is what I do when using it.

I understand, but if you have a data package (with Sprint) you don't pay for navigation. It's included in your plan.

heydjbobby74 09-30-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgmuhammad (Post 1204550)
I understand, but if you have a data package (with Sprint) you don't pay for navigation. It's included in your plan.

I agree! What the heck is the point of owning a TP2 if you are not going to get a data package??? That is like having a PlayBoy model as your wife, but not having any sexy time with her....

Lifestealer 10-01-2009 02:25 PM

Not everyone with data gets navigation (i.e. SERO).

I did the following (via xda thread)

(Tested & provided by DGH)
A. With Advanced config nel menu GPS
disable A-GPS
disable GPS logging
logfile name must be empty
old logfile name must be empty
maximum size of logfile must be 0
delete the files :
\windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt

With those changes car usage will be quite perfect

B. Then edit registry
Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\
Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)
With those tweaks pedestrian usage will be much better but not perfect.

I also updated GPS settings, disabled push internet (RAM is an issue with all the GPS programs I've used so far) and installed the advanced D3D driver (Doubt this helped.. but I did it in between so..).

TomTom still lags (Very minor maybe 1-2s) but it does lock on within 10 seconds of booting and is much more reliable.

triffeh 10-02-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Not everyone with data gets navigation (i.e. SERO).
Hmm, any confirmation on this? I've been using Sprint Navigation despite being on a SERO plan with no warnings of extra fees or any other problems at all. After reading this I checked my account usage on the Sprint site and saw nothing indicating they even knew I've used GPS functions. I'm new to SERO (took over my brother's old SERO account), and Sprint for that matter. Should I expect extra charges on my bill?

In any case, Sprint Navigation just seems to be a rebrand of Google Navigation, as it obviously uses Google Maps. It's been working flawlessly for me, but I guess I'll hold off on it until I find out more.

For the record, I haven't done any modifications that would unlock my GPS.

ID10T 10-06-2009 10:48 PM

Hmm..So I have a Free & Clear family plan...When I went to run the Sprint Navigation it prompted me that I would be charged $9.95 extra a month....I have unlimited data...Anyone on a Free & Clear plan using the Sprint Navigation?