PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:47 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlock/Download Straight Talk on Sprint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
Its on your device help app lol. All you do is start/recieve a call. Put that call on hold. Dial the other number, Press the send button. Wait until person answers. Then Press the now available conference button
i've also recently used 3-way calling on my TP2, only thing i've found that personally annoys me about 3-way calling, and maybe its just something i'm missing, but there doesn't seem to be a way to hang up just one person. Other than that it works fine using the previously mentioned method.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

I wonder if someone can create a hack that can give us cab to install that conference call feature, even if it will ONLY allow you to use it to make a 3-way call.
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's a limitation of the CDMA network. GSM doesn't have a dedicated Voice Line like we do. They use a "Digital voice" line. The reason why you have to put said person on hold is because you need to switch to your other line and then make the Numerical Pressing to emulate the rotary sounds and then it calls the person. Its a antique system compared to GSM. That's why GSM users can have more than 3 people on the line at the same time. However if I'm wrong someone who knows please tell me.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
It's a limitation of the CDMA network. GSM doesn't have a dedicated Voice Line like we do. They use a "Digital voice" line. The reason why you have to put said person on hold is because you need to switch to your other line and then make the Numerical Pressing to emulate the rotary sounds and then it calls the person. Its a antique system compared to GSM. That's why GSM users can have more than 3 people on the line at the same time. However if I'm wrong someone who knows please tell me.
Correction, it's a software limitation, not a hardware limitation. In addition CDMA is not an antique system Even the oldest CDMA technology (IS-95) is newer than GSM. CDMA 2000 (implimented in 2000) is considerably more efficient than GSM, allowing for more calls, using limited bandwidth, while increasing call quality over GSM.

The problem is CDMA is relatively young in development & proprietary. This limits development. Unlike GSM, which has open source options. If you would like to know more information about the CDMA network & how calls are handled I an provide you with a link on how CDMA works.

http://www.bee.net/mhendry/vrml/library/cdma/cdma.htm
Old 09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Correction, it's a software limitation, not a hardware limitation. In addition CDMA is not an antique system Even the oldest CDMA technology (IS-95) is newer than GSM. CDMA 2000 (implimented in 2000) is considerably more efficient than GSM, allowing for more calls, using limited bandwidth, while increasing call quality over GSM.

The problem is CDMA is relatively young in development & proprietary. This limits development. Unlike GSM, which has open source options. If you would like to know more information about the CDMA network & how calls are handled I an provide you with a link on how CDMA works.

http://www.bee.net/mhendry/vrml/library/cdma/cdma.htm
So, are you saying that if someone created an app. for conference calling, we could use it? Cuz everyone keeps talking about the limitations of the cdma network, yet one of the reps from sprint told me that you can connect as many people as you want to a cellular call, but you just have to keep using the 3-way feature. Now, I don't know if this person was lying or even if they knew what they were talking about. But I would like that type of functionality, IF it is possible...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

No, it is a limitation of the software within the CDMA equipment itself.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
No, it is a limitation of the software within the CDMA equipment itself.
I went to the link you posted, but I still don't understand. Could you please clarify what you mean when you say 'limitation of the software within the equipment'? And also, can the software be upgraded to increase its capacity to do more, or is cdma an as is, finite system?

EDIT: Also, if I have my phone activated on a GSM network, via the sim card, would I be able to connect a call with more than three people then???

Last edited by tgmuhammad; 10-01-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Yea, 3-way does work... I've used it, too. Would much rather have the option of the one click action, though.
that's what she said~

back to the topic: I am quite disappointed at the lack of this feature to call more than 3 people.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software