PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

MasterJoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro 2 VZW Color Change

Thsi is my first post, so bare with me. I was actually referred here, by a very helpful Verizon Wireless tech support rep. I had called for the following reason, and thought I would submit here for advice on an app or registry hack that would let me do this:

I am legally blind. Having white text on a black background (or at least light text on dark background)is much more useful and viewable for me than black on white or dark on light. While it appears that the default theme of the HTC Touch Pro 2 from Verizon Wireless has that in some areas, the programs menus, contacts list, and other actual program menus do not feature this scheme. So, my question is this. Is there a way that the colors can be changed, so that all programs menus, explorer, and other menus (such as the menu for selecting an Office Mobile app) so that all of the menus have white on black, rather than vice versa?

Side question: Does anyone know if Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro will be an over-the-air update to the current 6.1 version included on this device?

Any help on this woudl be extremely appreciated.

--Master Joe
Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

arlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to arlindemini Send a message via MSN to arlindemini
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 VZW Color Change

In the Themes section as well as with certain ROMS, different color schemesa are being developed that adjust menus/screens/etc... I would try searching in there, I'm using MightyRom and "LilLRico" is developign color themes for it, I believe I heard "Black" is next, this might be something you would be interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJoe View Post
Thsi is my first post, so bare with me. I was actually referred here, by a very helpful Verizon Wireless tech support rep. I had called for the following reason, and thought I would submit here for advice on an app or registry hack that would let me do this:

I am legally blind. Having white text on a black background (or at least light text on dark background)is much more useful and viewable for me than black on white or dark on light. While it appears that the default theme of the HTC Touch Pro 2 from Verizon Wireless has that in some areas, the programs menus, contacts list, and other actual program menus do not feature this scheme. So, my question is this. Is there a way that the colors can be changed, so that all programs menus, explorer, and other menus (such as the menu for selecting an Office Mobile app) so that all of the menus have white on black, rather than vice versa?

Side question: Does anyone know if Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro will be an over-the-air update to the current 6.1 version included on this device?

Any help on this woudl be extremely appreciated.

--Master Joe
Old 11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MasterJoe is a n00b

Thanks. I will keep looking around. If anyone else has any ideas, taht woudl also be appreciated. When I get home tonight, I will check more in depth into the themes section here, and see if I can find a "dark' theme. If a Black one is coming, that would be great.

--Master Joe
Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Rom updates haven't been OTA in the past. Likely you will be able to download the Rom updater utility from HTC's rom hosting site when it's available.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MasterJoe is a n00b

Thanks. I had seen an article today that said Verizon woudl have it before the end of the year, but didn't know if taht meant on new devices or that current ones could be updated. On taht subject, are there any emulators out there, which would allow me to plug my phone into my PC, via USB cable, and access it on my desktop? I was thinking it would be easier for me to see, and would be easier for me to do any changes necessary to change themes, or work within the file explorer.

--Master Joe
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://www.mymobiler.com/

that is the one I use and have seen recomended the most.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MasterJoe is a n00b

Awesome. this looks perfect. I will check it out Monday, when I receive the phone.

--Master Joe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
color change, customization, htc touch pro 2, verizon wireless