PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there any way to put a directory in the programs list?

I have too many games, and just want the directory "Games" to be listed when I hit "Start." Even if I hit "All Applications" it lists every game individually, not the directory.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Is there any way to put a directory in the programs list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
I have too many games, and just want the directory "Games" to be listed when I hit "Start." Even if I hit "All Applications" it lists every game individually, not the directory.
depending on where the games are located you can move them into one folder say on your storage card...then create a shortcut to that folder using resco...that shortcut will then show up in the "all programs" list but the individual games will not.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
depending on where the games are located you can move them into one folder say on your storage card...then create a shortcut to that folder using resco...that shortcut will then show up in the "all programs" list but the individual games will not.
They are in the default directory. All of my games are in /windows/start menu/programs/games. So the directory of games is already is in programs, but doesn't show up when I hit Start. I do not know what resco means.

Edit: Figured it out, copy and pasted the Games directory to Start Menu, thanks given!

Double Edit: I spoke too soon. Games shows up in Start Menu/All Applications, but when I click it it says it can not be opened.

Last edited by Zap!; 09-15-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what you do is this:

install game to program files or SD card.

select 'copy' on the game exe and paste shortcut to /windows/start menu/programs/games

you can rename the shortcut after you've pasted it.

Last edited by sebo; 09-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
what you do is this:

install game to program files or SD card.

select 'copy' on the game exe and paste shortcut to /windows/start menu/programs/games

you can rename the shortcut after you've pasted it.
That only puts the game into the Start Menu (when I click All Programs). Twice actually, since the game was already shown. I want the entire games directory to be shown.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sorry i mean windows/start menu/games

paste the shortcuts in there and when you view 'games' on start menu it will list all games.. that's what you want i assume?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
sorry i mean windows/start menu/games

paste the shortcuts in there and when you view 'games' on start menu it will list all games.. that's what you want i assume?
No, the shortcuts are all in the games directory already. I can't view the "Games" directory when I hit Start. I am using Touch Flo 3D and by hitting Start/All Programs EVERY game is listed, cluttering up everything. I just want The directory and only the directory listed, and no games to show up unless I click Games. But I can't click it, because it doesn't list directories. With TF3D enabled, the only way for me to see the Games directory is to go in File Explorer.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ok now it makes sense.. i forgot about touch flow since i was using the windows legacy start menu so that works like i mentioned above.

i will see if i find anything or come up with a hack.. currently i am trying to figure out how to make 4 columns show up on the touch flow program view.. it's too much scrolling with just one column.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

junkzm3 is just getting started

Try what I posted here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=games
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkzm3 View Post
Thanks given, works great!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software